Jun 8, 2010, 4:47 PM EDT
Tough week for aging infielders, no? First Adam
Kennedy Everett was DFA’d by the Tigers and now Mark Grudzielanek* gets the same treatment.
Grudzielanek was batting .273/.328/.273 with 11 RBI in 110 at-bats with the Indians this season. He hurt his hammy on Sunday, however, and since the Indians were given special permission by the league office to treat ballplayers like horses, Grudzielanek had no choice but to be put out of his (roster) misery.
Filling Grudzielanek’s spot will be Anderson Hernandez, who has been playing all over the infield in Columbus. He’s the guy that my fellow Columbusites tend to miss at Huntington Park because we use his at bats for beer runs. Can’t miss Carlos Santana, after all, can we?
*Pfun Pfact: no one has actually typed Mark Grudzielanek’s name in over eight years. It’s just been repeatedly copied and pasted from previous articles!
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 26
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 36
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)