Jun 8, 2010, 2:32 PM EST
A three year-old girl’s skull was fractured after being hit by a line drive during batting practice at Dodger Stadium yesterday. The injuries, thankfully, are not considered life-threatening.
The ball came of Russell Martin’s bat on what was, according to the article, a line drive down the left field line. It’s unclear whether the ball went into the stands of if the girl was on the field at the time. Which is entirely possible given how many random things are happening at any given time during batting practice.
Martin has offered to pay all of the girl’s medical expenses.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)