Jun 8, 2010, 2:32 PM EDT
A three year-old girl’s skull was fractured after being hit by a line drive during batting practice at Dodger Stadium yesterday. The injuries, thankfully, are not considered life-threatening.
The ball came of Russell Martin’s bat on what was, according to the article, a line drive down the left field line. It’s unclear whether the ball went into the stands of if the girl was on the field at the time. Which is entirely possible given how many random things are happening at any given time during batting practice.
Martin has offered to pay all of the girl’s medical expenses.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29