Jun 8, 2010, 2:32 PM EDT
A three year-old girl’s skull was fractured after being hit by a line drive during batting practice at Dodger Stadium yesterday. The injuries, thankfully, are not considered life-threatening.
The ball came of Russell Martin’s bat on what was, according to the article, a line drive down the left field line. It’s unclear whether the ball went into the stands of if the girl was on the field at the time. Which is entirely possible given how many random things are happening at any given time during batting practice.
Martin has offered to pay all of the girl’s medical expenses.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)