Jun 8, 2010, 2:32 PM EDT
A three year-old girl’s skull was fractured after being hit by a line drive during batting practice at Dodger Stadium yesterday. The injuries, thankfully, are not considered life-threatening.
The ball came of Russell Martin’s bat on what was, according to the article, a line drive down the left field line. It’s unclear whether the ball went into the stands of if the girl was on the field at the time. Which is entirely possible given how many random things are happening at any given time during batting practice.
Martin has offered to pay all of the girl’s medical expenses.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)