Jun 9, 2010, 5:50 PM EDT
The Cubs have placed Aramis Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive
to June 8. He has a bruised left thumb.
This has been a chronic problem for Ramirez, and either it or some sort of alien brain swap has resulted in him having the worst damn season of his life. He’s batting .168/.232/.285 and isn’t helping anyone except the Cubs’ opposition.
The corresponding roster move: calling up Chad Tracy,
who (a) hit .273 in 19 games before being optioned to Class
AAA Iowa; and (b) has officially moved up three slots to number 16 on the “players who have milked a nice little career out of having one good season a hell of a long time ago” list.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)