Jun 9, 2010, 5:50 PM EDT
The Cubs have placed Aramis Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive
to June 8. He has a bruised left thumb.
This has been a chronic problem for Ramirez, and either it or some sort of alien brain swap has resulted in him having the worst damn season of his life. He’s batting .168/.232/.285 and isn’t helping anyone except the Cubs’ opposition.
The corresponding roster move: calling up Chad Tracy,
who (a) hit .273 in 19 games before being optioned to Class
AAA Iowa; and (b) has officially moved up three slots to number 16 on the “players who have milked a nice little career out of having one good season a hell of a long time ago” list.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 70
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)