Jun 9, 2010, 5:50 PM EDT
The Cubs have placed Aramis Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive
to June 8. He has a bruised left thumb.
This has been a chronic problem for Ramirez, and either it or some sort of alien brain swap has resulted in him having the worst damn season of his life. He’s batting .168/.232/.285 and isn’t helping anyone except the Cubs’ opposition.
The corresponding roster move: calling up Chad Tracy,
who (a) hit .273 in 19 games before being optioned to Class
AAA Iowa; and (b) has officially moved up three slots to number 16 on the “players who have milked a nice little career out of having one good season a hell of a long time ago” list.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 22
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 39
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)