Jun 9, 2010, 5:50 PM EDT
The Cubs have placed Aramis Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive
to June 8. He has a bruised left thumb.
This has been a chronic problem for Ramirez, and either it or some sort of alien brain swap has resulted in him having the worst damn season of his life. He’s batting .168/.232/.285 and isn’t helping anyone except the Cubs’ opposition.
The corresponding roster move: calling up Chad Tracy,
who (a) hit .273 in 19 games before being optioned to Class
AAA Iowa; and (b) has officially moved up three slots to number 16 on the “players who have milked a nice little career out of having one good season a hell of a long time ago” list.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 3
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)