Jun 9, 2010, 10:44 AM EDT
I have no idea what the TV ratings were on Strasburg’s debut last night, but we have some good photographic evidence that it was not to be missed.
Check out this pic, from the Nats320 blog, of the abandoned concourse while Strasburg was pitching during the seventh inning. Keep in mind that the seventh inning usually marks last call for alcohol at ballparks, so the lines are often longish with people like me, er, I mean hopeless drunks trying to get their last cup ‘o brew.
Yesterday Darren Rovell wrote about how much money the Nats stood to make as a result of each Strasburg start. He should probably recalculate and back out the lower per fan concession sales as a result of everyone being on the edge of their seat.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)