Jun 9, 2010, 10:44 AM EST
I have no idea what the TV ratings were on Strasburg’s debut last night, but we have some good photographic evidence that it was not to be missed.
Check out this pic, from the Nats320 blog, of the abandoned concourse while Strasburg was pitching during the seventh inning. Keep in mind that the seventh inning usually marks last call for alcohol at ballparks, so the lines are often longish with people like me, er, I mean hopeless drunks trying to get their last cup ‘o brew.
Yesterday Darren Rovell wrote about how much money the Nats stood to make as a result of each Strasburg start. He should probably recalculate and back out the lower per fan concession sales as a result of everyone being on the edge of their seat.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)