Jun 9, 2010, 10:44 AM EDT
I have no idea what the TV ratings were on Strasburg’s debut last night, but we have some good photographic evidence that it was not to be missed.
Check out this pic, from the Nats320 blog, of the abandoned concourse while Strasburg was pitching during the seventh inning. Keep in mind that the seventh inning usually marks last call for alcohol at ballparks, so the lines are often longish with people like me, er, I mean hopeless drunks trying to get their last cup ‘o brew.
Yesterday Darren Rovell wrote about how much money the Nats stood to make as a result of each Strasburg start. He should probably recalculate and back out the lower per fan concession sales as a result of everyone being on the edge of their seat.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 42
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 92
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)