Jun 9, 2010, 10:44 AM EDT
I have no idea what the TV ratings were on Strasburg’s debut last night, but we have some good photographic evidence that it was not to be missed.
Check out this pic, from the Nats320 blog, of the abandoned concourse while Strasburg was pitching during the seventh inning. Keep in mind that the seventh inning usually marks last call for alcohol at ballparks, so the lines are often longish with people like me, er, I mean hopeless drunks trying to get their last cup ‘o brew.
Yesterday Darren Rovell wrote about how much money the Nats stood to make as a result of each Strasburg start. He should probably recalculate and back out the lower per fan concession sales as a result of everyone being on the edge of their seat.
- George Springer placed on 7-day concussion disabled list 0
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 14
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 42
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 12
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)