Jun 9, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
The Indians haven’t been drawing for anything this season, but Christmas comes early to Cleveland this year. Or should I say Strasmas? Strasburg is scheduled to start against the Indians this Sunday and the Indians have sold over 1000 tickets to the game since midnight. I can only assume more will go as word spreads in the next couple of days. It could very well be the Tribe’s first sellout since Opening day.
And I get to be there! I’ll be attending the game, courtesy of a seat in the Tribe Social Deck (i.e. the “press box” where bloggers can drink beer and cheer). Out of courtesy to my home-state team I’ve tended to at least mildly cheer for the Tribe every time I’ve gone to Jacobs/Progressive Field, but I’m not sure I’ll be doing that on Sunday. Not sure most Indians fans will be able to either. History > whatever it is the Indians are doing this season.
I’m having a hard time imagining that Strasburg can do anything to top last night’s performance, but with the Indians’ lineup, all things are possible.
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 34
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)