Jun 9, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
The Indians haven’t been drawing for anything this season, but Christmas comes early to Cleveland this year. Or should I say Strasmas? Strasburg is scheduled to start against the Indians this Sunday and the Indians have sold over 1000 tickets to the game since midnight. I can only assume more will go as word spreads in the next couple of days. It could very well be the Tribe’s first sellout since Opening day.
And I get to be there! I’ll be attending the game, courtesy of a seat in the Tribe Social Deck (i.e. the “press box” where bloggers can drink beer and cheer). Out of courtesy to my home-state team I’ve tended to at least mildly cheer for the Tribe every time I’ve gone to Jacobs/Progressive Field, but I’m not sure I’ll be doing that on Sunday. Not sure most Indians fans will be able to either. History > whatever it is the Indians are doing this season.
I’m having a hard time imagining that Strasburg can do anything to top last night’s performance, but with the Indians’ lineup, all things are possible.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)