Jun 9, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
The Indians haven’t been drawing for anything this season, but Christmas comes early to Cleveland this year. Or should I say Strasmas? Strasburg is scheduled to start against the Indians this Sunday and the Indians have sold over 1000 tickets to the game since midnight. I can only assume more will go as word spreads in the next couple of days. It could very well be the Tribe’s first sellout since Opening day.
And I get to be there! I’ll be attending the game, courtesy of a seat in the Tribe Social Deck (i.e. the “press box” where bloggers can drink beer and cheer). Out of courtesy to my home-state team I’ve tended to at least mildly cheer for the Tribe every time I’ve gone to Jacobs/Progressive Field, but I’m not sure I’ll be doing that on Sunday. Not sure most Indians fans will be able to either. History > whatever it is the Indians are doing this season.
I’m having a hard time imagining that Strasburg can do anything to top last night’s performance, but with the Indians’ lineup, all things are possible.
- J.A. Happ is thriving with the Pirates 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 44
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 68
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 149
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (150)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)