Jun 9, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
The Indians haven’t been drawing for anything this season, but Christmas comes early to Cleveland this year. Or should I say Strasmas? Strasburg is scheduled to start against the Indians this Sunday and the Indians have sold over 1000 tickets to the game since midnight. I can only assume more will go as word spreads in the next couple of days. It could very well be the Tribe’s first sellout since Opening day.
And I get to be there! I’ll be attending the game, courtesy of a seat in the Tribe Social Deck (i.e. the “press box” where bloggers can drink beer and cheer). Out of courtesy to my home-state team I’ve tended to at least mildly cheer for the Tribe every time I’ve gone to Jacobs/Progressive Field, but I’m not sure I’ll be doing that on Sunday. Not sure most Indians fans will be able to either. History > whatever it is the Indians are doing this season.
I’m having a hard time imagining that Strasburg can do anything to top last night’s performance, but with the Indians’ lineup, all things are possible.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 43
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)