Jun 9, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
The Indians haven’t been drawing for anything this season, but Christmas comes early to Cleveland this year. Or should I say Strasmas? Strasburg is scheduled to start against the Indians this Sunday and the Indians have sold over 1000 tickets to the game since midnight. I can only assume more will go as word spreads in the next couple of days. It could very well be the Tribe’s first sellout since Opening day.
And I get to be there! I’ll be attending the game, courtesy of a seat in the Tribe Social Deck (i.e. the “press box” where bloggers can drink beer and cheer). Out of courtesy to my home-state team I’ve tended to at least mildly cheer for the Tribe every time I’ve gone to Jacobs/Progressive Field, but I’m not sure I’ll be doing that on Sunday. Not sure most Indians fans will be able to either. History > whatever it is the Indians are doing this season.
I’m having a hard time imagining that Strasburg can do anything to top last night’s performance, but with the Indians’ lineup, all things are possible.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)