Jun 9, 2010, 9:58 AM EDT
That’s what the Baltimore Sun is reporting, with an interview between Valentine and team brass possible as early as tomorrow. People have talked about what kind of jobs Valentine would or would not take given that he has a cushy analyst role at ESPN right now, but the Sun reports that sources close to Valentine say that the Baltimore job would be something he’d be interested in.
Also mentioned: Eric Wedge, who is not yet scheduled for an interview but whom the Sun reports was contacted by the team. Wedge is a far less sexy choice obviously, and I’m struggling to think why the O’s would want him. Sure, he has managerial experience, but if he showed one thing while he was in charge in Cleveland it was that he couldn’t really inspire anyone. In this he’s a lot like Dave Trembley: nice guy, totally professional, but the wrong man to manage a talented yet underachieving team who could use some butt kickings.
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 30
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)