Jun 9, 2010, 9:58 AM EDT
That’s what the Baltimore Sun is reporting, with an interview between Valentine and team brass possible as early as tomorrow. People have talked about what kind of jobs Valentine would or would not take given that he has a cushy analyst role at ESPN right now, but the Sun reports that sources close to Valentine say that the Baltimore job would be something he’d be interested in.
Also mentioned: Eric Wedge, who is not yet scheduled for an interview but whom the Sun reports was contacted by the team. Wedge is a far less sexy choice obviously, and I’m struggling to think why the O’s would want him. Sure, he has managerial experience, but if he showed one thing while he was in charge in Cleveland it was that he couldn’t really inspire anyone. In this he’s a lot like Dave Trembley: nice guy, totally professional, but the wrong man to manage a talented yet underachieving team who could use some butt kickings.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 7
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 10
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)