Jun 9, 2010, 9:58 AM EST
That’s what the Baltimore Sun is reporting, with an interview between Valentine and team brass possible as early as tomorrow. People have talked about what kind of jobs Valentine would or would not take given that he has a cushy analyst role at ESPN right now, but the Sun reports that sources close to Valentine say that the Baltimore job would be something he’d be interested in.
Also mentioned: Eric Wedge, who is not yet scheduled for an interview but whom the Sun reports was contacted by the team. Wedge is a far less sexy choice obviously, and I’m struggling to think why the O’s would want him. Sure, he has managerial experience, but if he showed one thing while he was in charge in Cleveland it was that he couldn’t really inspire anyone. In this he’s a lot like Dave Trembley: nice guy, totally professional, but the wrong man to manage a talented yet underachieving team who could use some butt kickings.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)