Jun 10, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Joe Girardi and Charlie Manuel named their All-Star Game coaches this afternoon: It’s Mike Scioscia and Bob Geren in the American League. In the NL it’s Bud Black and Bruce Bochy.
The game is in Anaheim and all of the coaches are from California. If the All-Star Game is like any company offsite I’ve ever been a part of, MLB is going to make Geren and Bochy carpool down and they won’t let Scioscia have a per diem allowance since he’s not leaving town.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 44
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 60
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)