Jun 10, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Joe Girardi and Charlie Manuel named their All-Star Game coaches this afternoon: It’s Mike Scioscia and Bob Geren in the American League. In the NL it’s Bud Black and Bruce Bochy.
The game is in Anaheim and all of the coaches are from California. If the All-Star Game is like any company offsite I’ve ever been a part of, MLB is going to make Geren and Bochy carpool down and they won’t let Scioscia have a per diem allowance since he’s not leaving town.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 43
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)