Jun 10, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Joe Girardi and Charlie Manuel named their All-Star Game coaches this afternoon: It’s Mike Scioscia and Bob Geren in the American League. In the NL it’s Bud Black and Bruce Bochy.
The game is in Anaheim and all of the coaches are from California. If the All-Star Game is like any company offsite I’ve ever been a part of, MLB is going to make Geren and Bochy carpool down and they won’t let Scioscia have a per diem allowance since he’s not leaving town.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)