Jun 10, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
Joe Girardi and Charlie Manuel named their All-Star Game coaches this afternoon: It’s Mike Scioscia and Bob Geren in the American League. In the NL it’s Bud Black and Bruce Bochy.
The game is in Anaheim and all of the coaches are from California. If the All-Star Game is like any company offsite I’ve ever been a part of, MLB is going to make Geren and Bochy carpool down and they won’t let Scioscia have a per diem allowance since he’s not leaving town.
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 37
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 14
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)