Jun 10, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
Joe Girardi and Charlie Manuel named their All-Star Game coaches this afternoon: It’s Mike Scioscia and Bob Geren in the American League. In the NL it’s Bud Black and Bruce Bochy.
The game is in Anaheim and all of the coaches are from California. If the All-Star Game is like any company offsite I’ve ever been a part of, MLB is going to make Geren and Bochy carpool down and they won’t let Scioscia have a per diem allowance since he’s not leaving town.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 255
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (261)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)