Jun 10, 2010, 5:11 PM EST
Earlier today Jon Heyman tweeted that a second opinion of Red Sox’ outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury’s
ribs revealed “a bigger issue.” We now know that he’s going to need at least two more weeks of recovery. To that end, Pete Abe reports, Ellsbury will head to Athletes’ Performance training facility in Arizona for some R and R. Well, some R, anyway.
No word from Tony Massarotti if this is just more of Ellsbury’s malingering. Though I suppose he’ll want to interview all of the doctors Ellsbury pulled into his giant scam before he really blows the lid off this thing.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 5
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)