Jun 10, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
Earlier today Jon Heyman tweeted that a second opinion of Red Sox’ outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury’s
ribs revealed “a bigger issue.” We now know that he’s going to need at least two more weeks of recovery. To that end, Pete Abe reports, Ellsbury will head to Athletes’ Performance training facility in Arizona for some R and R. Well, some R, anyway.
No word from Tony Massarotti if this is just more of Ellsbury’s malingering. Though I suppose he’ll want to interview all of the doctors Ellsbury pulled into his giant scam before he really blows the lid off this thing.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)