Jun 10, 2010, 5:11 PM EST
Earlier today Jon Heyman tweeted that a second opinion of Red Sox’ outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury’s
ribs revealed “a bigger issue.” We now know that he’s going to need at least two more weeks of recovery. To that end, Pete Abe reports, Ellsbury will head to Athletes’ Performance training facility in Arizona for some R and R. Well, some R, anyway.
No word from Tony Massarotti if this is just more of Ellsbury’s malingering. Though I suppose he’ll want to interview all of the doctors Ellsbury pulled into his giant scam before he really blows the lid off this thing.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)