Jun 10, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
Earlier today Jon Heyman tweeted that a second opinion of Red Sox’ outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury’s
ribs revealed “a bigger issue.” We now know that he’s going to need at least two more weeks of recovery. To that end, Pete Abe reports, Ellsbury will head to Athletes’ Performance training facility in Arizona for some R and R. Well, some R, anyway.
No word from Tony Massarotti if this is just more of Ellsbury’s malingering. Though I suppose he’ll want to interview all of the doctors Ellsbury pulled into his giant scam before he really blows the lid off this thing.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)