Jun 10, 2010, 10:54 PM EDT
Assuming there are few Lada Gaga fans among the HBT readership, here’s come a bash session.
The supposedly controversial singer was in attendance at the opener of Thursday’s day-night doubleheader between the Padres and Mets in New York City and flashed her middle finger to the supposedly photog-filled crowd at one point from her luxury suite. Classy.
Gaga, whose real name is Stefanie Germanotta, grew up in NYC as a Yankees fan and was back in town for her sister’s high school graduation. She’s found an international following among teeny-boppers and club goers with regurgitated pop tunes, and has sold over 15 million albums in a little over two years to the mindless masses.
Let’s hope her experience Thursday at Citi Field will end any affiliation she ever hoped to have with Major League Baseball. After all, you can’t really autotune the Star Spangled Banner. Or can you?
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 58
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 61
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 18
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)