Jun 10, 2010, 10:54 PM EST
Assuming there are few Lada Gaga fans among the HBT readership, here’s come a bash session.
The supposedly controversial singer was in attendance at the opener of Thursday’s day-night doubleheader between the Padres and Mets in New York City and flashed her middle finger to the supposedly photog-filled crowd at one point from her luxury suite. Classy.
Gaga, whose real name is Stefanie Germanotta, grew up in NYC as a Yankees fan and was back in town for her sister’s high school graduation. She’s found an international following among teeny-boppers and club goers with regurgitated pop tunes, and has sold over 15 million albums in a little over two years to the mindless masses.
Let’s hope her experience Thursday at Citi Field will end any affiliation she ever hoped to have with Major League Baseball. After all, you can’t really autotune the Star Spangled Banner. Or can you?
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)