Jun 10, 2010, 10:54 PM EDT
Assuming there are few Lada Gaga fans among the HBT readership, here’s come a bash session.
The supposedly controversial singer was in attendance at the opener of Thursday’s day-night doubleheader between the Padres and Mets in New York City and flashed her middle finger to the supposedly photog-filled crowd at one point from her luxury suite. Classy.
Gaga, whose real name is Stefanie Germanotta, grew up in NYC as a Yankees fan and was back in town for her sister’s high school graduation. She’s found an international following among teeny-boppers and club goers with regurgitated pop tunes, and has sold over 15 million albums in a little over two years to the mindless masses.
Let’s hope her experience Thursday at Citi Field will end any affiliation she ever hoped to have with Major League Baseball. After all, you can’t really autotune the Star Spangled Banner. Or can you?
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)