Jun 10, 2010, 10:54 PM EDT
Assuming there are few Lada Gaga fans among the HBT readership, here’s come a bash session.
The supposedly controversial singer was in attendance at the opener of Thursday’s day-night doubleheader between the Padres and Mets in New York City and flashed her middle finger to the supposedly photog-filled crowd at one point from her luxury suite. Classy.
Gaga, whose real name is Stefanie Germanotta, grew up in NYC as a Yankees fan and was back in town for her sister’s high school graduation. She’s found an international following among teeny-boppers and club goers with regurgitated pop tunes, and has sold over 15 million albums in a little over two years to the mindless masses.
Let’s hope her experience Thursday at Citi Field will end any affiliation she ever hoped to have with Major League Baseball. After all, you can’t really autotune the Star Spangled Banner. Or can you?
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 19
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 7
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 41
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)