Lady Gaga gives the finger to Citi Field crowd

Jun 10, 2010, 10:54 PM EDT

gaga finger.jpgAssuming there are few Lada Gaga fans among the HBT readership, here’s come a bash session.

The supposedly controversial singer was in attendance at the opener of Thursday’s day-night doubleheader between the Padres and Mets in New York City and flashed her middle finger to the supposedly photog-filled crowd at one point from her luxury suite.  Classy.

Gaga, whose real name is Stefanie Germanotta, grew up in NYC as a Yankees fan and was back in town for her sister’s high school graduation.  She’s found an international following among teeny-boppers and club goers with regurgitated pop tunes, and has sold over 15 million albums in a little over two years to the mindless masses.

Let’s hope her experience Thursday at Citi Field will end any affiliation she ever hoped to have with Major League Baseball.  After all, you can’t really autotune the Star Spangled Banner.  Or can you?

1. Omnius - Jun 11, 2010 at 9:18 AM

So in what context did Lady Gaga flip the bird? That’s missing in the article. I could care less if she peeves off the Citi crowd and baseball, I like her a lot better than steroid dripping pro baseball where the players and managers act like little children when something happens they don’t like. Lady Gaga is far more interesting than pro basbeall will ever be!

2. Omnius - Jun 11, 2010 at 9:19 AM

3. youAREallrahtahds - Jun 11, 2010 at 9:28 AM

She is classicly trained both vocally and on the piano. She could give Stevie Wonder a run for his money on the keys.
    The article is just as rahtahded as everyone’s opinions on here. Learn a little something before making ridiculous comments that are completely wrong.
    Who cares if she throws the finger. More then likely it was in a joking manner. I am sure all you perfect citizens of the world have never done such a thing. get a grip. its 2010.

4. Jangocat - Jun 11, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Oh boy big deal who cares? Most of the country would give the Mets fans the finger too…

5. ThatsJustMe - Jun 11, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Can’t wait for your next “article” to see what Justin Bieber is up too!! Great journalism….

6. howellbear - Jun 11, 2010 at 9:38 AM

I think I am in love

7. Seriously? - Jun 11, 2010 at 9:43 AM

You obviously know exactly nothing about Gaga. She’s plays the piano quite well actually. Gaga tried to be the next Norah Jones, but Norah Jones doesn’t sell.

8. Jimbo - Jun 11, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Yo, Stephanie. Is that an invitation?

9. fizpig - Jun 11, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Growing up a Yankee fan and ending up classless. Who would’ve thought that?

10. better than this columnist - Jun 11, 2010 at 10:01 AM

wait a sec. who is drew silvia? exactly. sucks making $3 an hour writing about people who make a million a month. douchbag

11. ray lopez - Jun 11, 2010 at 10:08 AM

TWO words for you “SHE SUCKS” and for the yourinformation your the Dousche Bag..sw see the spelling you are mindless

12. Ray Lopez - Jun 11, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Are you high, to say that she would give Stevie Wonder a man that has sold multi millions in records over a 5 year time frame is absolutley ludicris….you are mindless!! I Like lady Gaga, but she is no Stevie

13. me - Jun 11, 2010 at 10:22 AM

If the crows was supposedly “photog-filled” – then where’s the picture?

14. metoo - Jun 11, 2010 at 10:29 AM

As the saying goes “you can’t shine sh*t”.

15. Joey B - Jun 11, 2010 at 10:33 AM

“What planet rare you on?? Lady gaga, like her or not, is hailed the most captivating artist since MJ… to deny this plausibility is just down right ignorant.”
    Yup, it continues to amaze me that people want to foist their musically taste on others. I grew up in a time when long-haired hippie music was denigrated by the older generation. I’m not a Gaga fan, and my kids don’t get Bob Dylan. But I do expose them to the best of my generation’s music, and I make an effort to listen to their’s.
    And just like with every other generation, some of it is good, and most is not.

16. (Not That) Tom - Jun 11, 2010 at 10:37 AM

You’re right; Gaga would never write something as insipid and cheesy as “I Just Called to Say I love You”.

17. john pileggi - Jun 11, 2010 at 10:51 AM

WHO CARES?????

18. irony - Jun 11, 2010 at 10:51 AM

“mindless masses,” as opposed to sports fans whose lives (and careers) revolve around box scores and sport star scandal? k

19. pat gregg - Jun 11, 2010 at 11:01 AM

If I’m in the car alone I don’t change the station…dude you’re funny!! Thanks for the laugh

20. Brenda - Jun 11, 2010 at 11:07 AM

I love the Lady and I’m 53. Both my daughters (32 and 29) plus my granddaughter (14) can’t stand her or her music. Geeeeez, what does that say about me?

21. MaxonHudson - Jun 11, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Since this is a BASH session.. let’s have at Drew Silva. I have to say this poorly written excuse for journalism was clearly the effort of a bitter, unenlightened and somewhat ignorant Mets fan. Go Yanks, Go Gaga!! One has to even wonder if the alleged incident did actually occur if the single finger solute wasn’t totally justified considering her surroundings.

22. She Has A Crank - Jun 11, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Doesn’t Lady Gaga have a crank? Probably a small one, but she gets to pee standing up.

23. Rahiem H. - Jun 11, 2010 at 12:11 PM

well lady gaga is a great singer but she shouldn’t give the crowd
    the finger at citi field period! So Lady Gaga, I love your music
    but you’re making a terrible mistake!

24. william - Jun 11, 2010 at 12:20 PM

She makes catchy songs? or do you mean people write catchy songs for her to perform because she is an image they can use to sell soulless cookie cutter financially riskless pop trash songs?
    There is nothing creative about her. She might as well be a robot.

25. cccc - Jun 11, 2010 at 12:21 PM

The way you wrote this is genious I love it hahaa. All the gaga fans take it offensivly that you are calling them the mindless masses, even though that is JUST what they are. only a mind-controlled drone would think she is some new ‘queen of pop’, wth.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (2979)