Jun 10, 2010, 9:31 AM EDT
What a way to lose a ballgame. Nate McLouth and Jason Heyward both raced after a Gerrardo Parra fly ball in the eighth inning of last night’s Braves-Dbacks game, slammed into each other and by the time the dust settled Parra had made it around the bases for an inside-the-parker. Video here. The two-runs which scored on the play were all the Dbacks would need.
McLouth ended up leaving the game after he slammed his head on the ground. Bobby Cox said after the game that he’d hold McLouth out of today’s game and reevaluate him when the Braves get to Minnesota.
All I can think while watching the video is just how close to being truly disastrous that play could have been. If either McLouth or Heyward dive we could be looking at a Mike Cameron-Carlos Beltran type collision.
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 5
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 45
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 47
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 37
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 98
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (99)