Jun 10, 2010, 9:31 AM EST
What a way to lose a ballgame. Nate McLouth and Jason Heyward both raced after a Gerrardo Parra fly ball in the eighth inning of last night’s Braves-Dbacks game, slammed into each other and by the time the dust settled Parra had made it around the bases for an inside-the-parker. Video here. The two-runs which scored on the play were all the Dbacks would need.
McLouth ended up leaving the game after he slammed his head on the ground. Bobby Cox said after the game that he’d hold McLouth out of today’s game and reevaluate him when the Braves get to Minnesota.
All I can think while watching the video is just how close to being truly disastrous that play could have been. If either McLouth or Heyward dive we could be looking at a Mike Cameron-Carlos Beltran type collision.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)