Jun 10, 2010, 9:31 AM EDT
What a way to lose a ballgame. Nate McLouth and Jason Heyward both raced after a Gerrardo Parra fly ball in the eighth inning of last night’s Braves-Dbacks game, slammed into each other and by the time the dust settled Parra had made it around the bases for an inside-the-parker. Video here. The two-runs which scored on the play were all the Dbacks would need.
McLouth ended up leaving the game after he slammed his head on the ground. Bobby Cox said after the game that he’d hold McLouth out of today’s game and reevaluate him when the Braves get to Minnesota.
All I can think while watching the video is just how close to being truly disastrous that play could have been. If either McLouth or Heyward dive we could be looking at a Mike Cameron-Carlos Beltran type collision.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)