Jun 10, 2010, 3:14 PM EDT
“This game beats on you so bad that by August you’re doing tequila
shots, not sleeping and eating late-night cheeseburgers. With the schedule, you say, ‘How in the world did I get through one
year, let alone 31?”‘
— Giants third base coach Tim Flannery, explaining why it’s hard for the coaching staff to stay healthy during the season.
The quote comes in the course of a really interesting article about Bruce Bochy trying to quit smokeless tobacco. He’s dipped for close to 40 years, and he even mentions that his grandmother, a tobacco farmer, chewed the stuff.
Bochy is once again trying to kick the habit, which he says is triggered by baseball-related stress. I think Brian Sabean should help him out by trading for Prince Fielder or someone so that his life is less-stressful.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)