Jun 10, 2010, 9:08 AM EST
Great post over at The Daily Something this morning trying to figure out which player will be the last Montreal Expos veteran to play in the big leagues. Bill picks Vlad Guerrero on the theory that he’s the best player left and is a DH. Personally I’d go with someone like Jon Rauch or Javier Vazquez, but good arguments can be made for several dudes. Personally I want Matt Stairs to play until he’s 53, but that’s probably not likely.
I’m actually kind of surprised that there are still so many former Expos left. I know 2004 wasn’t that long ago, but it’s not like the late-model Expos had oodles and oodles of talent to burn. But they did have a ton of great players run through there just before the end only to fall victim to the Jeff Loria-induced Expos diaspora that has since fertilized the rosters of a ton of other teams.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)