Jun 11, 2010, 9:22 AM EDT
Don’t look at me that way. That’s what the team said.
Rodriguez started last night’s game against the Orioles, but was pinch hit for by Ramiro Pena. After the game the Yankees confirmed that A-Rod has
“stiffness in his groin” and will see a doctor about it today.
A-Rod has struggled with the groin issue
for a few weeks and he tweaked it again just this past Sunday. Pena will likely start in his place over the next few days.
Rodriguez has a line of .290/.361/.482 this year. Good for most people, but certainly not up to his standards. Nagging injuries like this will do that to a guy.
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 0
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 1
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 12
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 29
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)