Jun 11, 2010, 9:22 AM EDT
Don’t look at me that way. That’s what the team said.
Rodriguez started last night’s game against the Orioles, but was pinch hit for by Ramiro Pena. After the game the Yankees confirmed that A-Rod has
“stiffness in his groin” and will see a doctor about it today.
A-Rod has struggled with the groin issue
for a few weeks and he tweaked it again just this past Sunday. Pena will likely start in his place over the next few days.
Rodriguez has a line of .290/.361/.482 this year. Good for most people, but certainly not up to his standards. Nagging injuries like this will do that to a guy.
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 3
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 66
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (113)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)