Jun 11, 2010, 9:22 AM EST
Don’t look at me that way. That’s what the team said.
Rodriguez started last night’s game against the Orioles, but was pinch hit for by Ramiro Pena. After the game the Yankees confirmed that A-Rod has
“stiffness in his groin” and will see a doctor about it today.
A-Rod has struggled with the groin issue
for a few weeks and he tweaked it again just this past Sunday. Pena will likely start in his place over the next few days.
Rodriguez has a line of .290/.361/.482 this year. Good for most people, but certainly not up to his standards. Nagging injuries like this will do that to a guy.
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 6
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 3
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 27
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)