Jun 11, 2010, 9:22 AM EDT
Don’t look at me that way. That’s what the team said.
Rodriguez started last night’s game against the Orioles, but was pinch hit for by Ramiro Pena. After the game the Yankees confirmed that A-Rod has
“stiffness in his groin” and will see a doctor about it today.
A-Rod has struggled with the groin issue
for a few weeks and he tweaked it again just this past Sunday. Pena will likely start in his place over the next few days.
Rodriguez has a line of .290/.361/.482 this year. Good for most people, but certainly not up to his standards. Nagging injuries like this will do that to a guy.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 10
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 26
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 30
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)