Jun 11, 2010, 9:22 AM EDT
Don’t look at me that way. That’s what the team said.
Rodriguez started last night’s game against the Orioles, but was pinch hit for by Ramiro Pena. After the game the Yankees confirmed that A-Rod has
“stiffness in his groin” and will see a doctor about it today.
A-Rod has struggled with the groin issue
for a few weeks and he tweaked it again just this past Sunday. Pena will likely start in his place over the next few days.
Rodriguez has a line of .290/.361/.482 this year. Good for most people, but certainly not up to his standards. Nagging injuries like this will do that to a guy.
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 25
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 52
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 29
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 48
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (185)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)