Jun 11, 2010, 10:57 AM EDT
I don’t necessarily think that Ozzie has a valid point here, if his son is not a legitimate prospect. That said, I can understand him having higher expectations given that 2008 6th round draft pick Ken Williams Jr. is hitting .222/.314/.344 as a 24 year old in high A. Blatant nepotism is only appreciated when everybody gets to benefit.
– The Common Man, reminding us that the White Sox drafting Ozzie Guillen’s son may have been less a favor than it was a standard industry practice.
Aaron touched on this the other day. I still think the worst one ever was when the Braves drafted John Schuerholz, Jr. — son of the GM — a few years ago . . . and kept promoting him despite the fact that he had no demonstrable baseball skills.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)