Jun 11, 2010, 10:57 AM EDT
I don’t necessarily think that Ozzie has a valid point here, if his son is not a legitimate prospect. That said, I can understand him having higher expectations given that 2008 6th round draft pick Ken Williams Jr. is hitting .222/.314/.344 as a 24 year old in high A. Blatant nepotism is only appreciated when everybody gets to benefit.
– The Common Man, reminding us that the White Sox drafting Ozzie Guillen’s son may have been less a favor than it was a standard industry practice.
Aaron touched on this the other day. I still think the worst one ever was when the Braves drafted John Schuerholz, Jr. — son of the GM — a few years ago . . . and kept promoting him despite the fact that he had no demonstrable baseball skills.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (121)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)