Jun 11, 2010, 2:12 PM EDT
Our friend lar from Wezen-Ball has created a baseball-themed chess set. At least the design for one. I like it because he tried to match the attributes of the chess pieces to the players he uses for each piece. For example, knights are versatile and disruptive, so he makes Rickey Henderson a knight. Pawns are useful yet underappreciated, so guys like Lou Whitaker are pawns. Fun stuff.
Although lar, I gotta tell ya: if you ever you call Greg Maddux a queen again this will be the last time I link to you, understand me?
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 22
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 25
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)