Jun 11, 2010, 2:12 PM EST
Our friend lar from Wezen-Ball has created a baseball-themed chess set. At least the design for one. I like it because he tried to match the attributes of the chess pieces to the players he uses for each piece. For example, knights are versatile and disruptive, so he makes Rickey Henderson a knight. Pawns are useful yet underappreciated, so guys like Lou Whitaker are pawns. Fun stuff.
Although lar, I gotta tell ya: if you ever you call Greg Maddux a queen again this will be the last time I link to you, understand me?
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)