Jun 11, 2010, 2:12 PM EDT
Our friend lar from Wezen-Ball has created a baseball-themed chess set. At least the design for one. I like it because he tried to match the attributes of the chess pieces to the players he uses for each piece. For example, knights are versatile and disruptive, so he makes Rickey Henderson a knight. Pawns are useful yet underappreciated, so guys like Lou Whitaker are pawns. Fun stuff.
Although lar, I gotta tell ya: if you ever you call Greg Maddux a queen again this will be the last time I link to you, understand me?
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)