Jun 11, 2010, 2:12 PM EDT
Our friend lar from Wezen-Ball has created a baseball-themed chess set. At least the design for one. I like it because he tried to match the attributes of the chess pieces to the players he uses for each piece. For example, knights are versatile and disruptive, so he makes Rickey Henderson a knight. Pawns are useful yet underappreciated, so guys like Lou Whitaker are pawns. Fun stuff.
Although lar, I gotta tell ya: if you ever you call Greg Maddux a queen again this will be the last time I link to you, understand me?
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)