Two fans run onto the field in Cleveland

Jun 11, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT

All the little chicks with the crimson lips go “Cleveland Rocks! Cleveland Rocks!”

Two fans ran across the field in Cleveland and interrupted last night’s game
between the Indians and the Red Sox.

One of the young men was wearing a LeBron James jersey. The men appeared
to trailing a stream of powder behind them, perhaps imitating the
Cavaliers star. James has a pregame ritual in which he slaps his hands
together and blows powder in the air.

Notably, they did not have to be tased. This despite that powder they were trailing which, according to all the armchair security experts who commented back when the Philly guy did his thing, could have been anthrax or anti-matter or Ice-Nine for all we know.  Indeed, why these guys weren’t shot in the face the minute they hit the field is an affront to national security.

1. Ray Knight Looks Like Tip O'Neill - What Happened? - Jun 11, 2010 at 10:16 AM

I think we need to give license to security staff at these parks to go MMA on someone when they run on the field. I mean really administer the beatdown. Tasing takes all the suffering out of it.
    Either that or a public flogging. That seemed to work in Medieval times.

2. Kevin - Jun 11, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I’m telling you! Snipers on the roof. Snipe out anyone who moves their hand the wrong way. They could have a gun! Or have a bomb strapped to their chest!

3. Bill@TDS - Jun 11, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Excellent Vonnegut reference.
    We can’t be entirely sure that this is actually a better use of judgment by the security team as to the appropriate level of force to use on some stupid kid who’s had a beer too many. It may also just be that they find the Indians to be a lot less worthy of protection than the Phillies…

4. Rob - Jun 11, 2010 at 10:48 AM

The fine people of Pittsburgh never do this $hit. We’ve got class in Steel Town.
    GO PIRATES!!

5. Jonny5 - Jun 11, 2010 at 11:42 AM

It was gross negligence on the part of security that these possible terrorists weren’t tased immediately!!!! Terrorists kill… MMM-kay children….

6. Kevin - Jun 11, 2010 at 1:51 PM

@Rob
    Funny, I thought the reason I’d never see that at a Pirates game was because for it to happen a fan would actually have to show up at a game.

7. Luis - Jun 11, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Craig,
    I’m glad you’re not letting this one go. Trigger-happy reactionaries like the ones who came out of the woodwork for your various Philly posts are ridiculous and deserving of all the mockery you can muster.

8. Jonny5 - Jun 11, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Tasing people is fun. I think everyone should do it. “Excuse me, but uhh, I asked for a boy toy with my kids happy meal, Bzzzt! Yeah, now get the hell up and fix it before I tase your a$$ again, this time set on cattle mode!!!!” Life would be worth living then, it really would…..

9. mind your own - Jun 16, 2010 at 1:06 AM

your a fuckin pussy. you can talk shit over the internet but when it comes to real life you couldnt back it up. public flogging? fuck you. that story is inaccurate about the details and I know that for a fact. practice safe sex and go fuck yourself

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (4979)