Jun 11, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
All the little chicks with the crimson lips go “Cleveland Rocks! Cleveland Rocks!”
Two fans ran across the field in Cleveland and interrupted last night’s game
between the Indians and the Red Sox.
One of the young men was wearing a LeBron James jersey. The men appeared
to trailing a stream of powder behind them, perhaps imitating the
Cavaliers star. James has a pregame ritual in which he slaps his hands
together and blows powder in the air.
Notably, they did not have to be tased. This despite that powder they were trailing which, according to all the armchair security experts who commented back when the Philly guy did his thing, could have been anthrax or anti-matter or Ice-Nine for all we know. Indeed, why these guys weren’t shot in the face the minute they hit the field is an affront to national security.
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 14
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 22
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 87
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)