Jun 11, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
All the little chicks with the crimson lips go “Cleveland Rocks! Cleveland Rocks!”
Two fans ran across the field in Cleveland and interrupted last night’s game
between the Indians and the Red Sox.
One of the young men was wearing a LeBron James jersey. The men appeared
to trailing a stream of powder behind them, perhaps imitating the
Cavaliers star. James has a pregame ritual in which he slaps his hands
together and blows powder in the air.
Notably, they did not have to be tased. This despite that powder they were trailing which, according to all the armchair security experts who commented back when the Philly guy did his thing, could have been anthrax or anti-matter or Ice-Nine for all we know. Indeed, why these guys weren’t shot in the face the minute they hit the field is an affront to national security.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 70
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)