Jun 11, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
All the little chicks with the crimson lips go “Cleveland Rocks! Cleveland Rocks!”
Two fans ran across the field in Cleveland and interrupted last night’s game
between the Indians and the Red Sox.
One of the young men was wearing a LeBron James jersey. The men appeared
to trailing a stream of powder behind them, perhaps imitating the
Cavaliers star. James has a pregame ritual in which he slaps his hands
together and blows powder in the air.
Notably, they did not have to be tased. This despite that powder they were trailing which, according to all the armchair security experts who commented back when the Philly guy did his thing, could have been anthrax or anti-matter or Ice-Nine for all we know. Indeed, why these guys weren’t shot in the face the minute they hit the field is an affront to national security.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)