Jun 11, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
All the little chicks with the crimson lips go “Cleveland Rocks! Cleveland Rocks!”
Two fans ran across the field in Cleveland and interrupted last night’s game
between the Indians and the Red Sox.
One of the young men was wearing a LeBron James jersey. The men appeared
to trailing a stream of powder behind them, perhaps imitating the
Cavaliers star. James has a pregame ritual in which he slaps his hands
together and blows powder in the air.
Notably, they did not have to be tased. This despite that powder they were trailing which, according to all the armchair security experts who commented back when the Philly guy did his thing, could have been anthrax or anti-matter or Ice-Nine for all we know. Indeed, why these guys weren’t shot in the face the minute they hit the field is an affront to national security.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)