Jun 12, 2010, 2:26 PM EDT
Ozzy Osbourne made an appearance at Dodger Stadium before the fifth inning of Friday night’s Angels-Dodgers game, leading the Chavez Ravine crowd to a new Guinness Book World Record for the “longest and loudest scream.”
Go ahead and watch the stunt on MLB.com.
The whole situation could best be described as awkward — and let’s face it, most things involving Osbourne are — but at least his heart was in the right place. The Dodgers are currently hosting the third-annual “ThinkCure! Weekend,” an endeavor which aims to raise awareness and funds for collaborative research to cure cancer. You can learn more at thinkcure.org.
While it’s difficult to argue against a cause like that, there was one significant downside to Friday’s event. Osbourne and the Dodgers’ crowd harshed Vladimir Shpunt’s mellow.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 5
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)