Jun 12, 2010, 2:26 PM EDT
Ozzy Osbourne made an appearance at Dodger Stadium before the fifth inning of Friday night’s Angels-Dodgers game, leading the Chavez Ravine crowd to a new Guinness Book World Record for the “longest and loudest scream.”
Go ahead and watch the stunt on MLB.com.
The whole situation could best be described as awkward — and let’s face it, most things involving Osbourne are — but at least his heart was in the right place. The Dodgers are currently hosting the third-annual “ThinkCure! Weekend,” an endeavor which aims to raise awareness and funds for collaborative research to cure cancer. You can learn more at thinkcure.org.
While it’s difficult to argue against a cause like that, there was one significant downside to Friday’s event. Osbourne and the Dodgers’ crowd harshed Vladimir Shpunt’s mellow.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)