Jun 12, 2010, 2:26 PM EST
Ozzy Osbourne made an appearance at Dodger Stadium before the fifth inning of Friday night’s Angels-Dodgers game, leading the Chavez Ravine crowd to a new Guinness Book World Record for the “longest and loudest scream.”
Go ahead and watch the stunt on MLB.com.
The whole situation could best be described as awkward — and let’s face it, most things involving Osbourne are — but at least his heart was in the right place. The Dodgers are currently hosting the third-annual “ThinkCure! Weekend,” an endeavor which aims to raise awareness and funds for collaborative research to cure cancer. You can learn more at thinkcure.org.
While it’s difficult to argue against a cause like that, there was one significant downside to Friday’s event. Osbourne and the Dodgers’ crowd harshed Vladimir Shpunt’s mellow.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)