Jun 12, 2010, 2:26 PM EDT
Ozzy Osbourne made an appearance at Dodger Stadium before the fifth inning of Friday night’s Angels-Dodgers game, leading the Chavez Ravine crowd to a new Guinness Book World Record for the “longest and loudest scream.”
Go ahead and watch the stunt on MLB.com.
The whole situation could best be described as awkward — and let’s face it, most things involving Osbourne are — but at least his heart was in the right place. The Dodgers are currently hosting the third-annual “ThinkCure! Weekend,” an endeavor which aims to raise awareness and funds for collaborative research to cure cancer. You can learn more at thinkcure.org.
While it’s difficult to argue against a cause like that, there was one significant downside to Friday’s event. Osbourne and the Dodgers’ crowd harshed Vladimir Shpunt’s mellow.
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 0
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 8
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 28
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 45
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)