Jun 12, 2010, 2:26 PM EDT
Ozzy Osbourne made an appearance at Dodger Stadium before the fifth inning of Friday night’s Angels-Dodgers game, leading the Chavez Ravine crowd to a new Guinness Book World Record for the “longest and loudest scream.”
Go ahead and watch the stunt on MLB.com.
The whole situation could best be described as awkward — and let’s face it, most things involving Osbourne are — but at least his heart was in the right place. The Dodgers are currently hosting the third-annual “ThinkCure! Weekend,” an endeavor which aims to raise awareness and funds for collaborative research to cure cancer. You can learn more at thinkcure.org.
While it’s difficult to argue against a cause like that, there was one significant downside to Friday’s event. Osbourne and the Dodgers’ crowd harshed Vladimir Shpunt’s mellow.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 11
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)