Jun 12, 2010, 4:25 PM EDT
Rich Harden has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left gluteus muscle, according to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
It’s a bit ironic, since the 28-year-old right-hander has been a real pain in the tuchus for Rangers fans all season. Harden, who was signed to a one-year, $6.5 million contract last December, is just 3-3 with a 5.68 ERA and 1.68 WHIP over his first 13 starts and has completed seven innings just once all season. He gave up a career-high four home runs in a loss to the Brewers on Friday night.
The Rangers have called up right-hander Alexi Ogando in a corresponding roster move. Ogando, 26, has compiled a 2.05 ERA over 15 starts and three relief appearances between Double-A Frisco and Triple-A Oklahoma City this season, averaging 12.3 K/9 and 3.2 BB/9.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 2
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 51
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 16
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 26
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 30
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 84
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)