Jun 12, 2010, 4:25 PM EST
Rich Harden has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left gluteus muscle, according to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
It’s a bit ironic, since the 28-year-old right-hander has been a real pain in the tuchus for Rangers fans all season. Harden, who was signed to a one-year, $6.5 million contract last December, is just 3-3 with a 5.68 ERA and 1.68 WHIP over his first 13 starts and has completed seven innings just once all season. He gave up a career-high four home runs in a loss to the Brewers on Friday night.
The Rangers have called up right-hander Alexi Ogando in a corresponding roster move. Ogando, 26, has compiled a 2.05 ERA over 15 starts and three relief appearances between Double-A Frisco and Triple-A Oklahoma City this season, averaging 12.3 K/9 and 3.2 BB/9.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)