Jun 12, 2010, 4:25 PM EDT
Rich Harden has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left gluteus muscle, according to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
It’s a bit ironic, since the 28-year-old right-hander has been a real pain in the tuchus for Rangers fans all season. Harden, who was signed to a one-year, $6.5 million contract last December, is just 3-3 with a 5.68 ERA and 1.68 WHIP over his first 13 starts and has completed seven innings just once all season. He gave up a career-high four home runs in a loss to the Brewers on Friday night.
The Rangers have called up right-hander Alexi Ogando in a corresponding roster move. Ogando, 26, has compiled a 2.05 ERA over 15 starts and three relief appearances between Double-A Frisco and Triple-A Oklahoma City this season, averaging 12.3 K/9 and 3.2 BB/9.
- Rays play Saturday’s game against the Blue Jays under protest 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 33
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)