Jun 12, 2010, 4:25 PM EDT
Rich Harden has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left gluteus muscle, according to Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
It’s a bit ironic, since the 28-year-old right-hander has been a real pain in the tuchus for Rangers fans all season. Harden, who was signed to a one-year, $6.5 million contract last December, is just 3-3 with a 5.68 ERA and 1.68 WHIP over his first 13 starts and has completed seven innings just once all season. He gave up a career-high four home runs in a loss to the Brewers on Friday night.
The Rangers have called up right-hander Alexi Ogando in a corresponding roster move. Ogando, 26, has compiled a 2.05 ERA over 15 starts and three relief appearances between Double-A Frisco and Triple-A Oklahoma City this season, averaging 12.3 K/9 and 3.2 BB/9.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 26
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)