Jun 12, 2010, 3:33 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported on Friday that the Red Sox were talking trade with the Twins and Rangers about Mike Lowell. The Angels, who are currently in search of a bat with the injury to Kendry Morales, were said to be “hovering” in the conversation.
Just a short while ago, Rosenthal elaborated on the situation via Twitter:
Twins’ field staff lobbying
for Lowell. Need is obvious. Front office would need to work through
$$$ and durability concerns.
The Twins would appear to be a natural fit for the veteran third baseman, as they attempt to compensate for injuries to J.J. Hardy and Orlando Hudson. As alluded to by Rosenthal, Lowell comes has a significant injury history of his own, but he would be a clear upgrade for a team whose third baseman have combined to hit just .209 with two homers, 16 RBI and a 557 OPS, all major league lows.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)