Jun 12, 2010, 3:33 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported on Friday that the Red Sox were talking trade with the Twins and Rangers about Mike Lowell. The Angels, who are currently in search of a bat with the injury to Kendry Morales, were said to be “hovering” in the conversation.
Just a short while ago, Rosenthal elaborated on the situation via Twitter:
Twins’ field staff lobbying
for Lowell. Need is obvious. Front office would need to work through
$$$ and durability concerns.
The Twins would appear to be a natural fit for the veteran third baseman, as they attempt to compensate for injuries to J.J. Hardy and Orlando Hudson. As alluded to by Rosenthal, Lowell comes has a significant injury history of his own, but he would be a clear upgrade for a team whose third baseman have combined to hit just .209 with two homers, 16 RBI and a 557 OPS, all major league lows.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 13
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (94)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)