Jun 12, 2010, 3:33 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reported on Friday that the Red Sox were talking trade with the Twins and Rangers about Mike Lowell. The Angels, who are currently in search of a bat with the injury to Kendry Morales, were said to be “hovering” in the conversation.
Just a short while ago, Rosenthal elaborated on the situation via Twitter:
Twins’ field staff lobbying
for Lowell. Need is obvious. Front office would need to work through
$$$ and durability concerns.
The Twins would appear to be a natural fit for the veteran third baseman, as they attempt to compensate for injuries to J.J. Hardy and Orlando Hudson. As alluded to by Rosenthal, Lowell comes has a significant injury history of his own, but he would be a clear upgrade for a team whose third baseman have combined to hit just .209 with two homers, 16 RBI and a 557 OPS, all major league lows.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)