Jun 12, 2010, 8:04 PM EST
Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki was lifted from Friday’s rain-shortened game against the Blue Jays with a groin strain and is not in the starting lineup Saturday. According to Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post, he could be out all weekend.
Tulo’s groin injury is not thought to be overly serious, but the Rox are taking every precaution to ensure that it doesn’t turn into a long-lasting issue.
“It’s a wait-and-see-type thing, just due to the conditions we’re
dealing with right now and the potential softness of the field,” Colorado manager Jim Tracy said Saturday. “It’s the wisest thing to do. You ask yourself the question: One
day or two vs. a 15-day disabled-list situation? Without Troy
Tulowitzki in our lineup, I don’t like the prospects.”
Clint Barmes started at shortstop Saturday and is likely to do the same on Sunday. He’s batting .216 with a .272 on-base percentage and a .352 slugging percentage this season in 176 at-bats. Tulowitzki is hitting .307/.373/.489 with eight home runs and 32 RBI in 225 at-bats.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 9
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)