Jun 12, 2010, 8:04 PM EDT
Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki was lifted from Friday’s rain-shortened game against the Blue Jays with a groin strain and is not in the starting lineup Saturday. According to Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post, he could be out all weekend.
Tulo’s groin injury is not thought to be overly serious, but the Rox are taking every precaution to ensure that it doesn’t turn into a long-lasting issue.
“It’s a wait-and-see-type thing, just due to the conditions we’re
dealing with right now and the potential softness of the field,” Colorado manager Jim Tracy said Saturday. “It’s the wisest thing to do. You ask yourself the question: One
day or two vs. a 15-day disabled-list situation? Without Troy
Tulowitzki in our lineup, I don’t like the prospects.”
Clint Barmes started at shortstop Saturday and is likely to do the same on Sunday. He’s batting .216 with a .272 on-base percentage and a .352 slugging percentage this season in 176 at-bats. Tulowitzki is hitting .307/.373/.489 with eight home runs and 32 RBI in 225 at-bats.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 76
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 23
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Indians place starter Carlos Carrasco on 15-day disabled list with right shoulder discomfort 1
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)