Jun 12, 2010, 8:04 PM EDT
Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki was lifted from Friday’s rain-shortened game against the Blue Jays with a groin strain and is not in the starting lineup Saturday. According to Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post, he could be out all weekend.
Tulo’s groin injury is not thought to be overly serious, but the Rox are taking every precaution to ensure that it doesn’t turn into a long-lasting issue.
“It’s a wait-and-see-type thing, just due to the conditions we’re
dealing with right now and the potential softness of the field,” Colorado manager Jim Tracy said Saturday. “It’s the wisest thing to do. You ask yourself the question: One
day or two vs. a 15-day disabled-list situation? Without Troy
Tulowitzki in our lineup, I don’t like the prospects.”
Clint Barmes started at shortstop Saturday and is likely to do the same on Sunday. He’s batting .216 with a .272 on-base percentage and a .352 slugging percentage this season in 176 at-bats. Tulowitzki is hitting .307/.373/.489 with eight home runs and 32 RBI in 225 at-bats.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 6
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 21
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)