Jun 13, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
According to Jeff Wilson of the Dallas Morning News, Rangers second baseman Ian Kinsler is not in Saturday’s starting lineup against the Brewers due to concerns about his ankle. Combined with Monday’s scheduled off-day, it will give him close to 70 hours of consecutive rest.
Kinsler opened the season on the disabled list and has hit a lousy .270/.377/.345 with only one home run, four stolen bases and 14 RBI through 148 at-bats since being activated. The ankle, which was sprained badly during spring training, has hampered Kinsler’s ability on the basepaths and on his initial steps out of the batter’s box.
The 27-year-old owns an 820 career OPS and belted 31 home runs last season while also tallying 31 stolen bases. To say the least, 2010 has been a mess.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 36
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 67
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 118
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (118)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)