Jun 13, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
According to Jeff Wilson of the Dallas Morning News, Rangers second baseman Ian Kinsler is not in Saturday’s starting lineup against the Brewers due to concerns about his ankle. Combined with Monday’s scheduled off-day, it will give him close to 70 hours of consecutive rest.
Kinsler opened the season on the disabled list and has hit a lousy .270/.377/.345 with only one home run, four stolen bases and 14 RBI through 148 at-bats since being activated. The ankle, which was sprained badly during spring training, has hampered Kinsler’s ability on the basepaths and on his initial steps out of the batter’s box.
The 27-year-old owns an 820 career OPS and belted 31 home runs last season while also tallying 31 stolen bases. To say the least, 2010 has been a mess.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 31
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)