Jun 13, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
According to Jeff Wilson of the Dallas Morning News, Rangers second baseman Ian Kinsler is not in Saturday’s starting lineup against the Brewers due to concerns about his ankle. Combined with Monday’s scheduled off-day, it will give him close to 70 hours of consecutive rest.
Kinsler opened the season on the disabled list and has hit a lousy .270/.377/.345 with only one home run, four stolen bases and 14 RBI through 148 at-bats since being activated. The ankle, which was sprained badly during spring training, has hampered Kinsler’s ability on the basepaths and on his initial steps out of the batter’s box.
The 27-year-old owns an 820 career OPS and belted 31 home runs last season while also tallying 31 stolen bases. To say the least, 2010 has been a mess.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)