Jun 13, 2010, 5:34 PM EDT
Indians catcher Carlos Santana was called up to the big leagues Friday and launched his first career home run on Saturday.
To round out the debut weekend, Santana got his first taste of a “Welcome to the MLB!” moment Sunday when he stepped in the way of Nationals first baseman Adam Dunn as the big man tried to cross home plate. It has produced one of the greatest GIF files that these eyes have ever seen. Seriously, that link must be clicked.
Dunn, who checks in at 6-foot-6 and 287 pounds, absolutely flattened the 24-year-old catcher, who is listed at 5-foot-11 and 190 pounds. Rookie!
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 1
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 22
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (103)