Jun 13, 2010, 5:34 PM EDT
Indians catcher Carlos Santana was called up to the big leagues Friday and launched his first career home run on Saturday.
To round out the debut weekend, Santana got his first taste of a “Welcome to the MLB!” moment Sunday when he stepped in the way of Nationals first baseman Adam Dunn as the big man tried to cross home plate. It has produced one of the greatest GIF files that these eyes have ever seen. Seriously, that link must be clicked.
Dunn, who checks in at 6-foot-6 and 287 pounds, absolutely flattened the 24-year-old catcher, who is listed at 5-foot-11 and 190 pounds. Rookie!
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 5
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)