Jun 13, 2010, 5:34 PM EDT
Indians catcher Carlos Santana was called up to the big leagues Friday and launched his first career home run on Saturday.
To round out the debut weekend, Santana got his first taste of a “Welcome to the MLB!” moment Sunday when he stepped in the way of Nationals first baseman Adam Dunn as the big man tried to cross home plate. It has produced one of the greatest GIF files that these eyes have ever seen. Seriously, that link must be clicked.
Dunn, who checks in at 6-foot-6 and 287 pounds, absolutely flattened the 24-year-old catcher, who is listed at 5-foot-11 and 190 pounds. Rookie!
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 18
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 13
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 49
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 77
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)