Jun 13, 2010, 5:34 PM EST
Indians catcher Carlos Santana was called up to the big leagues Friday and launched his first career home run on Saturday.
To round out the debut weekend, Santana got his first taste of a “Welcome to the MLB!” moment Sunday when he stepped in the way of Nationals first baseman Adam Dunn as the big man tried to cross home plate. It has produced one of the greatest GIF files that these eyes have ever seen. Seriously, that link must be clicked.
Dunn, who checks in at 6-foot-6 and 287 pounds, absolutely flattened the 24-year-old catcher, who is listed at 5-foot-11 and 190 pounds. Rookie!
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 18
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)