Jun 14, 2010, 9:33 AM EDT
“I think he’s done very well; of course this is not the 1927 Yankees
– Indians living legend Bob Feller, summing up Strasburg’s performance against the 2010 Cleveland Indians.
Feller had a lot to say about Strasburg, by the way. The headline of the article — “Feller not overly-impressed by Strasburg” — is misleading and unnecessarily inflammatory, in my view. I think everything Feller said about him was realistic and insightful. I mean, yeah, Strasburg is awesome and everything, but if you just watch ESPN or whatever you’d be led to believe that he’s invincible. It shouldn’t take a guy like Feller to point that out — regular analysts could do it — but I’m glad he did it.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)