Jun 14, 2010, 9:33 AM EST
“I think he’s done very well; of course this is not the 1927 Yankees
– Indians living legend Bob Feller, summing up Strasburg’s performance against the 2010 Cleveland Indians.
Feller had a lot to say about Strasburg, by the way. The headline of the article — “Feller not overly-impressed by Strasburg” — is misleading and unnecessarily inflammatory, in my view. I think everything Feller said about him was realistic and insightful. I mean, yeah, Strasburg is awesome and everything, but if you just watch ESPN or whatever you’d be led to believe that he’s invincible. It shouldn’t take a guy like Feller to point that out — regular analysts could do it — but I’m glad he did it.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 253
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (254)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)