Jun 15, 2010, 7:14 PM EDT
Chad Billingsley has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a groin strain, according to Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
Billingsley told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that he suffered the injury during last Friday’s start against the Angels.
“In the sixth inning, I threw a pitch, I just felt it grab,” he said.
He underwent an MRI on Monday that revealed no structural damage, however the Dodgers decided to place him on the disabled list because he was unable throw a bullpen session on Tuesday without significant discomfort.
The 25-year-old right-hander is 6-4 with a 4.34 ERA and 1.40 WHIP over his first 13 starts this season.
On a related note, according to Jon Weisman of Dodger Thoughts, Torre said that Vicente Padilla will return from the disabled list to start against the Red Sox on Saturday. Rule 5 pick Carlos Monasterios was originally expected to move back to the bullpen upon his return, but with the injury to Billingsley, he will remain in the starting rotation. The 24-year-old right-hander has a 3.97 ERA over five starts this season and a 2.98 ERA overall.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)