Jun 15, 2010, 7:14 PM EDT
Chad Billingsley has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a groin strain, according to Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
Billingsley told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that he suffered the injury during last Friday’s start against the Angels.
“In the sixth inning, I threw a pitch, I just felt it grab,” he said.
He underwent an MRI on Monday that revealed no structural damage, however the Dodgers decided to place him on the disabled list because he was unable throw a bullpen session on Tuesday without significant discomfort.
The 25-year-old right-hander is 6-4 with a 4.34 ERA and 1.40 WHIP over his first 13 starts this season.
On a related note, according to Jon Weisman of Dodger Thoughts, Torre said that Vicente Padilla will return from the disabled list to start against the Red Sox on Saturday. Rule 5 pick Carlos Monasterios was originally expected to move back to the bullpen upon his return, but with the injury to Billingsley, he will remain in the starting rotation. The 24-year-old right-hander has a 3.97 ERA over five starts this season and a 2.98 ERA overall.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 90
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 63
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (94)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)