Jun 15, 2010, 7:14 PM EDT
Chad Billingsley has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a groin strain, according to Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
Billingsley told Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times that he suffered the injury during last Friday’s start against the Angels.
“In the sixth inning, I threw a pitch, I just felt it grab,” he said.
He underwent an MRI on Monday that revealed no structural damage, however the Dodgers decided to place him on the disabled list because he was unable throw a bullpen session on Tuesday without significant discomfort.
The 25-year-old right-hander is 6-4 with a 4.34 ERA and 1.40 WHIP over his first 13 starts this season.
On a related note, according to Jon Weisman of Dodger Thoughts, Torre said that Vicente Padilla will return from the disabled list to start against the Red Sox on Saturday. Rule 5 pick Carlos Monasterios was originally expected to move back to the bullpen upon his return, but with the injury to Billingsley, he will remain in the starting rotation. The 24-year-old right-hander has a 3.97 ERA over five starts this season and a 2.98 ERA overall.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 30
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 75
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 85
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)