Jun 15, 2010, 5:35 PM EDT
No, he doesn’t. And I apologize for a headline that would even suggest that I think he does. But that’s the question SNY’s Kevin Burkhardt poised on his Twitter account today:
Does Jerry Manuel deserve a contract extension?
Ill ask him on pre-game tonight.
Even better than poising the question rhetorically is asking Manuel himself. I would probably pay $50 to hear Manuel say something like this:
Well, Kevin, I don’t. Our recent surge has far more to do with some key roster moves, the rotation really stepping things up and, let’s be honest, a weekend series against the Orioles didn’t hurt. I’d say I’m a good fifth or sixth on the list of people who should get credit for us being in second place. Really, a lot of managers could do it.”
Well, a boy can dream, can’t he?
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)