Jun 15, 2010, 5:35 PM EDT
No, he doesn’t. And I apologize for a headline that would even suggest that I think he does. But that’s the question SNY’s Kevin Burkhardt poised on his Twitter account today:
Does Jerry Manuel deserve a contract extension?
Ill ask him on pre-game tonight.
Even better than poising the question rhetorically is asking Manuel himself. I would probably pay $50 to hear Manuel say something like this:
Well, Kevin, I don’t. Our recent surge has far more to do with some key roster moves, the rotation really stepping things up and, let’s be honest, a weekend series against the Orioles didn’t hurt. I’d say I’m a good fifth or sixth on the list of people who should get credit for us being in second place. Really, a lot of managers could do it.”
Well, a boy can dream, can’t he?
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)