Jun 15, 2010, 5:35 PM EST
No, he doesn’t. And I apologize for a headline that would even suggest that I think he does. But that’s the question SNY’s Kevin Burkhardt poised on his Twitter account today:
Does Jerry Manuel deserve a contract extension?
Ill ask him on pre-game tonight.
Even better than poising the question rhetorically is asking Manuel himself. I would probably pay $50 to hear Manuel say something like this:
Well, Kevin, I don’t. Our recent surge has far more to do with some key roster moves, the rotation really stepping things up and, let’s be honest, a weekend series against the Orioles didn’t hurt. I’d say I’m a good fifth or sixth on the list of people who should get credit for us being in second place. Really, a lot of managers could do it.”
Well, a boy can dream, can’t he?
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 0
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (124)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)