Jun 15, 2010, 5:35 PM EST
No, he doesn’t. And I apologize for a headline that would even suggest that I think he does. But that’s the question SNY’s Kevin Burkhardt poised on his Twitter account today:
Does Jerry Manuel deserve a contract extension?
Ill ask him on pre-game tonight.
Even better than poising the question rhetorically is asking Manuel himself. I would probably pay $50 to hear Manuel say something like this:
Well, Kevin, I don’t. Our recent surge has far more to do with some key roster moves, the rotation really stepping things up and, let’s be honest, a weekend series against the Orioles didn’t hurt. I’d say I’m a good fifth or sixth on the list of people who should get credit for us being in second place. Really, a lot of managers could do it.”
Well, a boy can dream, can’t he?
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)