Jun 15, 2010, 5:35 PM EST
No, he doesn’t. And I apologize for a headline that would even suggest that I think he does. But that’s the question SNY’s Kevin Burkhardt poised on his Twitter account today:
Does Jerry Manuel deserve a contract extension?
Ill ask him on pre-game tonight.
Even better than poising the question rhetorically is asking Manuel himself. I would probably pay $50 to hear Manuel say something like this:
Well, Kevin, I don’t. Our recent surge has far more to do with some key roster moves, the rotation really stepping things up and, let’s be honest, a weekend series against the Orioles didn’t hurt. I’d say I’m a good fifth or sixth on the list of people who should get credit for us being in second place. Really, a lot of managers could do it.”
Well, a boy can dream, can’t he?
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 3
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86