Jun 15, 2010, 9:54 AM EST
Jeff Suppan threw a bullpen session for Cardinals’ pitching coach
Dave Duncan on Saturday. Duncan liked what he saw well enough that the team did what we expected it to do yesterday and signed Suppan. They plan to start him tonight against the Mariners.
The Mariners have an anemic offense, the home crowd will obviously have some warm fuzzies over Suppan’s 2006 NLCS performance and Suppan has always done well on ten days rest, so this seems like the best possible way to break him into the rotation.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)