Jun 15, 2010, 9:54 AM EDT
Jeff Suppan threw a bullpen session for Cardinals’ pitching coach
Dave Duncan on Saturday. Duncan liked what he saw well enough that the team did what we expected it to do yesterday and signed Suppan. They plan to start him tonight against the Mariners.
The Mariners have an anemic offense, the home crowd will obviously have some warm fuzzies over Suppan’s 2006 NLCS performance and Suppan has always done well on ten days rest, so this seems like the best possible way to break him into the rotation.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)