The Cubs want to deal Fukudome

Jun 15, 2010, 8:21 AM EDT

kosuke fukudome headshot cubs.jpgKen Rosenthal reports that the Cubs would like to deal Kosuke Fukudome and are open to offers.  In related news, I would like to run away to a tropical island with Kelly Brook and I’m accepting offers to that affect as well.

Given that Fukudome makes $13 million this year and $13.5 million next year, I think I’m more likely to get my deal done than the Cubs are to get theirs done. But either way, neither of us are going to get our deals done without paying an awful lot of money to make them happen.

But hey, you can never get want you want if you don’t ask.

1. Church of the Perpetually Outraged - Jun 15, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Kelly Brook probably deserves her own tag

Yes she does, yes she does

2. Levi Stahl - Jun 15, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Maybe if they throw in some sort of invention that makes Fukudome think it’s perpetually April?

3. Joey B - Jun 15, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Gotta love it. Having a yard sale on a $13M OF after you just had a yard sale on a $10M OF. Still, I’d think there’d be some market for him, provided the Cubs include a check for $20M.
    It’s always been my opinion that the assessment of a GM starts with how many contracts are tradeable. And if not tradeable, how much cash would have to be included to get rid of the dead wood. I figure that’s about $90-100M to clean house?

4. michael standish - Jun 15, 2010 at 10:48 AM

How much do they want for his naming rights?

5. briman141 - Jun 15, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Seeing as he has a no trade clause in his contract, this could be interesting.

6. michael howley - Jun 15, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I think that would be crazy right now he is one of there hitters and that is what we need

7. walk - Jun 15, 2010 at 6:05 PM

My son was asked to change his shirt at a school function. He was wearing a jersey no 1 with fukudome on it.

Three legends off to Cooperstown