Jun 15, 2010, 8:21 AM EST
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cubs would like to deal Kosuke Fukudome and are open to offers. In related news, I would like to run away to a tropical island with Kelly Brook and I’m accepting offers to that affect as well.
Given that Fukudome makes $13 million this year and $13.5 million next year, I think I’m more likely to get my deal done than the Cubs are to get theirs done. But either way, neither of us are going to get our deals done without paying an awful lot of money to make them happen.
But hey, you can never get want you want if you don’t ask.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 1
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 50
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 41
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)