Jun 15, 2010, 8:21 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cubs would like to deal Kosuke Fukudome and are open to offers. In related news, I would like to run away to a tropical island with Kelly Brook and I’m accepting offers to that affect as well.
Given that Fukudome makes $13 million this year and $13.5 million next year, I think I’m more likely to get my deal done than the Cubs are to get theirs done. But either way, neither of us are going to get our deals done without paying an awful lot of money to make them happen.
But hey, you can never get want you want if you don’t ask.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 41
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 87
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)