Jun 15, 2010, 3:14 PM EDT
It’s still going on, but there are indications that the big hearing in bankruptcy court down in Texas may be going well for the team and not so well for the creditors.
It’s the barest of reports, but the Associated Press is reporting that “U.S. Bankruptcy Judge D. Michael Lynn said Tuesday that he tended to
agree with the Rangers’ argument . . .” The “argument” is that the creditors’ rights have not been impaired, they have no real beef about the team’s sale, and thus the bankruptcy proceedings should not be delayed to review old bids and stuff.
Worth noting that the AP also reports that when the judge said all this, the creditors had not yet had a chance to make their arguments. In light of this, some may say that it’s silly to say things are going in the Rangers’ favor. Why, only one side has presented their case!
Of course, anyone who has ever spent some time in court will tell you that if the judge suggests which way he’s leaning before the other side even argues, the other side may just was well recite the phone book, because you ain’t changing his honor’s mind.
Lots could still happen, but these few words from the judge should be taken as good news for Rangers fans.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)