Jun 15, 2010, 3:14 PM EST
It’s still going on, but there are indications that the big hearing in bankruptcy court down in Texas may be going well for the team and not so well for the creditors.
It’s the barest of reports, but the Associated Press is reporting that “U.S. Bankruptcy Judge D. Michael Lynn said Tuesday that he tended to
agree with the Rangers’ argument . . .” The “argument” is that the creditors’ rights have not been impaired, they have no real beef about the team’s sale, and thus the bankruptcy proceedings should not be delayed to review old bids and stuff.
Worth noting that the AP also reports that when the judge said all this, the creditors had not yet had a chance to make their arguments. In light of this, some may say that it’s silly to say things are going in the Rangers’ favor. Why, only one side has presented their case!
Of course, anyone who has ever spent some time in court will tell you that if the judge suggests which way he’s leaning before the other side even argues, the other side may just was well recite the phone book, because you ain’t changing his honor’s mind.
Lots could still happen, but these few words from the judge should be taken as good news for Rangers fans.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (223)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)