Jun 15, 2010, 3:14 PM EDT
It’s still going on, but there are indications that the big hearing in bankruptcy court down in Texas may be going well for the team and not so well for the creditors.
It’s the barest of reports, but the Associated Press is reporting that “U.S. Bankruptcy Judge D. Michael Lynn said Tuesday that he tended to
agree with the Rangers’ argument . . .” The “argument” is that the creditors’ rights have not been impaired, they have no real beef about the team’s sale, and thus the bankruptcy proceedings should not be delayed to review old bids and stuff.
Worth noting that the AP also reports that when the judge said all this, the creditors had not yet had a chance to make their arguments. In light of this, some may say that it’s silly to say things are going in the Rangers’ favor. Why, only one side has presented their case!
Of course, anyone who has ever spent some time in court will tell you that if the judge suggests which way he’s leaning before the other side even argues, the other side may just was well recite the phone book, because you ain’t changing his honor’s mind.
Lots could still happen, but these few words from the judge should be taken as good news for Rangers fans.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)