Jun 15, 2010, 3:14 PM EDT
It’s still going on, but there are indications that the big hearing in bankruptcy court down in Texas may be going well for the team and not so well for the creditors.
It’s the barest of reports, but the Associated Press is reporting that “U.S. Bankruptcy Judge D. Michael Lynn said Tuesday that he tended to
agree with the Rangers’ argument . . .” The “argument” is that the creditors’ rights have not been impaired, they have no real beef about the team’s sale, and thus the bankruptcy proceedings should not be delayed to review old bids and stuff.
Worth noting that the AP also reports that when the judge said all this, the creditors had not yet had a chance to make their arguments. In light of this, some may say that it’s silly to say things are going in the Rangers’ favor. Why, only one side has presented their case!
Of course, anyone who has ever spent some time in court will tell you that if the judge suggests which way he’s leaning before the other side even argues, the other side may just was well recite the phone book, because you ain’t changing his honor’s mind.
Lots could still happen, but these few words from the judge should be taken as good news for Rangers fans.
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 27
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (102)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)