Jun 15, 2010, 8:45 AM EDT
If you read just one news story today about a fuzzy, 7-foot tall New York Yankees’ mascot who looked like Thurman Munson and who had his career ruined because Lou Piniella once chased a chicken that placed a hex on Ron Guidry, make it this story.
In other news, learning that the Yankees once had a scruffy, Phille Phanatic-style mascot is kind of like learning that Jakie Onasis was once one of those women who give out free shots of Aftershock and Rumple Minze in suburban bars.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 11
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 70
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)