Jun 15, 2010, 8:45 AM EST
If you read just one news story today about a fuzzy, 7-foot tall New York Yankees’ mascot who looked like Thurman Munson and who had his career ruined because Lou Piniella once chased a chicken that placed a hex on Ron Guidry, make it this story.
In other news, learning that the Yankees once had a scruffy, Phille Phanatic-style mascot is kind of like learning that Jakie Onasis was once one of those women who give out free shots of Aftershock and Rumple Minze in suburban bars.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)