Jun 15, 2010, 9:27 AM EST
As I mentioned in the recaps, the Padres-Jays game was briefly interrupted by an earthquake last night. Video — which is gripping, mostly because of announcer Dick Enberg’s reference to “the funky chicken” — can be seen here.
I think my favorite part of the video is when they’re showing those guys on the top row of the upper deck, one of whom grabs on to the fence. I’m going to pretend that he had ideas of riding the rubble down in the event the quake was bigger than the 5.7 it ended up being.
In other news my brother just called me from his home in San Diego to ask me if I was “covering the quake at the ballgame.” I told him that beyond Enberg’s funky chicken thing I don’t know that there’s much of a story. He offered to allow me to tell all of you that the pictures on his wall were swaying a little bit. Then he said that since he worked until close at the In-N-Out early this morning, he was going to sleep.
Stay tuned for more in-depth coverage of “Earth-ocalypse 2010″ from your HardballTalk QuakeTeam!
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 119
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (119)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)