Jun 15, 2010, 9:27 AM EDT
As I mentioned in the recaps, the Padres-Jays game was briefly interrupted by an earthquake last night. Video — which is gripping, mostly because of announcer Dick Enberg’s reference to “the funky chicken” — can be seen here.
I think my favorite part of the video is when they’re showing those guys on the top row of the upper deck, one of whom grabs on to the fence. I’m going to pretend that he had ideas of riding the rubble down in the event the quake was bigger than the 5.7 it ended up being.
In other news my brother just called me from his home in San Diego to ask me if I was “covering the quake at the ballgame.” I told him that beyond Enberg’s funky chicken thing I don’t know that there’s much of a story. He offered to allow me to tell all of you that the pictures on his wall were swaying a little bit. Then he said that since he worked until close at the In-N-Out early this morning, he was going to sleep.
Stay tuned for more in-depth coverage of “Earth-ocalypse 2010″ from your HardballTalk QuakeTeam!
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 0
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 13
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 36
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)