Jun 15, 2010, 9:27 AM EST
As I mentioned in the recaps, the Padres-Jays game was briefly interrupted by an earthquake last night. Video — which is gripping, mostly because of announcer Dick Enberg’s reference to “the funky chicken” — can be seen here.
I think my favorite part of the video is when they’re showing those guys on the top row of the upper deck, one of whom grabs on to the fence. I’m going to pretend that he had ideas of riding the rubble down in the event the quake was bigger than the 5.7 it ended up being.
In other news my brother just called me from his home in San Diego to ask me if I was “covering the quake at the ballgame.” I told him that beyond Enberg’s funky chicken thing I don’t know that there’s much of a story. He offered to allow me to tell all of you that the pictures on his wall were swaying a little bit. Then he said that since he worked until close at the In-N-Out early this morning, he was going to sleep.
Stay tuned for more in-depth coverage of “Earth-ocalypse 2010″ from your HardballTalk QuakeTeam!
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)