Jun 16, 2010, 10:18 PM EST
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen informed the media on Wednesday afternoon that Jake Peavy has been dealing with some discomfort in his throwing arm, but failed to say whether it would affect his status for the rest of the week.
Now we have some answers. According to the Chicago Sun-Times’ Joe Cowley. the club has officially scratched Peavy from his scheduled Thursday start against the Pirates due to what is being called an “achy shoulder.”
Mark Buehrle will take the mound instead. He is 4-6 on the season with a 4.93 ERA, a 1.46 WHIP and 37 strikeouts in 76-plus innings. Peavy has been only a little better this year, and the two potential aces deserve much of the blame for the White Sox’s early struggles.
Guillen is hoping that Peavy will be available either Friday or Saturday against the Nationals.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 74
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)