Jun 16, 2010, 10:18 PM EDT
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen informed the media on Wednesday afternoon that Jake Peavy has been dealing with some discomfort in his throwing arm, but failed to say whether it would affect his status for the rest of the week.
Now we have some answers. According to the Chicago Sun-Times’ Joe Cowley. the club has officially scratched Peavy from his scheduled Thursday start against the Pirates due to what is being called an “achy shoulder.”
Mark Buehrle will take the mound instead. He is 4-6 on the season with a 4.93 ERA, a 1.46 WHIP and 37 strikeouts in 76-plus innings. Peavy has been only a little better this year, and the two potential aces deserve much of the blame for the White Sox’s early struggles.
Guillen is hoping that Peavy will be available either Friday or Saturday against the Nationals.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)