Jun 16, 2010, 10:18 PM EDT
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen informed the media on Wednesday afternoon that Jake Peavy has been dealing with some discomfort in his throwing arm, but failed to say whether it would affect his status for the rest of the week.
Now we have some answers. According to the Chicago Sun-Times’ Joe Cowley. the club has officially scratched Peavy from his scheduled Thursday start against the Pirates due to what is being called an “achy shoulder.”
Mark Buehrle will take the mound instead. He is 4-6 on the season with a 4.93 ERA, a 1.46 WHIP and 37 strikeouts in 76-plus innings. Peavy has been only a little better this year, and the two potential aces deserve much of the blame for the White Sox’s early struggles.
Guillen is hoping that Peavy will be available either Friday or Saturday against the Nationals.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)