Jun 16, 2010, 3:38 PM EDT
File this Jack Curry tweet under Things No Phillies Fan Really Wants to Hear Right Now:
Spoke to baseball official who has regular contact
w/ Phils. He said they are itching to add a starter and would love to
get Cliff Lee back.
You can also file it under “Things That Would Never, Ever Happen in a Million Years.” I mean, on what planet would Rubin Amaro — or any other GM — make a deal that screamed “I totally blew it last winter” like this one would? How would this even work? As a do-over trade? Would Ramirez, Aumont and Gillies go back to Seattle? Would Cliff Lee tell Amaro to eff-off the second he got off the plane in Philadelphia, or would he send him a telegram asking him to kindly eff-off prior to his arrival?
I think the Phillies would be more likely to make a trade for Terry Mulholland than they would for Cliff Lee at this point.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)