Jun 16, 2010, 3:38 PM EST
File this Jack Curry tweet under Things No Phillies Fan Really Wants to Hear Right Now:
Spoke to baseball official who has regular contact
w/ Phils. He said they are itching to add a starter and would love to
get Cliff Lee back.
You can also file it under “Things That Would Never, Ever Happen in a Million Years.” I mean, on what planet would Rubin Amaro — or any other GM — make a deal that screamed “I totally blew it last winter” like this one would? How would this even work? As a do-over trade? Would Ramirez, Aumont and Gillies go back to Seattle? Would Cliff Lee tell Amaro to eff-off the second he got off the plane in Philadelphia, or would he send him a telegram asking him to kindly eff-off prior to his arrival?
I think the Phillies would be more likely to make a trade for Terry Mulholland than they would for Cliff Lee at this point.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 13
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 15
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)