Jun 16, 2010, 3:38 PM EST
File this Jack Curry tweet under Things No Phillies Fan Really Wants to Hear Right Now:
Spoke to baseball official who has regular contact
w/ Phils. He said they are itching to add a starter and would love to
get Cliff Lee back.
You can also file it under “Things That Would Never, Ever Happen in a Million Years.” I mean, on what planet would Rubin Amaro — or any other GM — make a deal that screamed “I totally blew it last winter” like this one would? How would this even work? As a do-over trade? Would Ramirez, Aumont and Gillies go back to Seattle? Would Cliff Lee tell Amaro to eff-off the second he got off the plane in Philadelphia, or would he send him a telegram asking him to kindly eff-off prior to his arrival?
I think the Phillies would be more likely to make a trade for Terry Mulholland than they would for Cliff Lee at this point.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 15
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 53
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 33
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)