Jun 16, 2010, 3:38 PM EDT
File this Jack Curry tweet under Things No Phillies Fan Really Wants to Hear Right Now:
Spoke to baseball official who has regular contact
w/ Phils. He said they are itching to add a starter and would love to
get Cliff Lee back.
You can also file it under “Things That Would Never, Ever Happen in a Million Years.” I mean, on what planet would Rubin Amaro — or any other GM — make a deal that screamed “I totally blew it last winter” like this one would? How would this even work? As a do-over trade? Would Ramirez, Aumont and Gillies go back to Seattle? Would Cliff Lee tell Amaro to eff-off the second he got off the plane in Philadelphia, or would he send him a telegram asking him to kindly eff-off prior to his arrival?
I think the Phillies would be more likely to make a trade for Terry Mulholland than they would for Cliff Lee at this point.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 340
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 52
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (340)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (160)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)