Jun 16, 2010, 5:11 PM EST
Earlier I passed along word that Padres’ catcher Yorvit Torrealba has been suspended for three games. Not exactly the biggest story on the planet. MLB.com caught with him a few minutes ago, however, and it sounds as though Torrealba’s appeal will at least be interesting:
“It might be five days after what I say.”
I’m still having a hard time seeing what in the video of his ejection justified Torrealba’s anger at the time, and I’m seeing less in there that would justify some “And Justice for All”-style rant at his appeal.
But hey, it’ll be fun if he does go nutso, eh?
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 5
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 53
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 58
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 55
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)