Jun 16, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
Earlier I passed along word that Padres’ catcher Yorvit Torrealba has been suspended for three games. Not exactly the biggest story on the planet. MLB.com caught with him a few minutes ago, however, and it sounds as though Torrealba’s appeal will at least be interesting:
“It might be five days after what I say.”
I’m still having a hard time seeing what in the video of his ejection justified Torrealba’s anger at the time, and I’m seeing less in there that would justify some “And Justice for All”-style rant at his appeal.
But hey, it’ll be fun if he does go nutso, eh?
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69