Jun 16, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
Earlier I passed along word that Padres’ catcher Yorvit Torrealba has been suspended for three games. Not exactly the biggest story on the planet. MLB.com caught with him a few minutes ago, however, and it sounds as though Torrealba’s appeal will at least be interesting:
“It might be five days after what I say.”
I’m still having a hard time seeing what in the video of his ejection justified Torrealba’s anger at the time, and I’m seeing less in there that would justify some “And Justice for All”-style rant at his appeal.
But hey, it’ll be fun if he does go nutso, eh?
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)