Jun 16, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
Earlier I passed along word that Padres’ catcher Yorvit Torrealba has been suspended for three games. Not exactly the biggest story on the planet. MLB.com caught with him a few minutes ago, however, and it sounds as though Torrealba’s appeal will at least be interesting:
“It might be five days after what I say.”
I’m still having a hard time seeing what in the video of his ejection justified Torrealba’s anger at the time, and I’m seeing less in there that would justify some “And Justice for All”-style rant at his appeal.
But hey, it’ll be fun if he does go nutso, eh?
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)