Jun 16, 2010, 2:17 PM EST
Padres catcher Yorvit Torrealba has been suspended for three games after making contact with an umpire in
the ninth inning of Monday’s 6-3 loss to the Jays. Torrealba was arguing with ump Larry Vanover after taking a called third
strike with which he didn’t agree.
The video is here. Unlike so many other incidents this year, this is the player’s problem, not the umps. The call was close but I think a good one and Torrealba was a bit too hot if you ask me. There’s no need to get that much up in anyone’s face to argue balls and strikes. Which you can’t do anyway.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)