Jun 16, 2010, 2:17 PM EDT
Padres catcher Yorvit Torrealba has been suspended for three games after making contact with an umpire in
the ninth inning of Monday’s 6-3 loss to the Jays. Torrealba was arguing with ump Larry Vanover after taking a called third
strike with which he didn’t agree.
The video is here. Unlike so many other incidents this year, this is the player’s problem, not the umps. The call was close but I think a good one and Torrealba was a bit too hot if you ask me. There’s no need to get that much up in anyone’s face to argue balls and strikes. Which you can’t do anyway.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12