Jun 16, 2010, 2:17 PM EST
Padres catcher Yorvit Torrealba has been suspended for three games after making contact with an umpire in
the ninth inning of Monday’s 6-3 loss to the Jays. Torrealba was arguing with ump Larry Vanover after taking a called third
strike with which he didn’t agree.
The video is here. Unlike so many other incidents this year, this is the player’s problem, not the umps. The call was close but I think a good one and Torrealba was a bit too hot if you ask me. There’s no need to get that much up in anyone’s face to argue balls and strikes. Which you can’t do anyway.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27