Jun 16, 2010, 2:17 PM EST
Padres catcher Yorvit Torrealba has been suspended for three games after making contact with an umpire in
the ninth inning of Monday’s 6-3 loss to the Jays. Torrealba was arguing with ump Larry Vanover after taking a called third
strike with which he didn’t agree.
The video is here. Unlike so many other incidents this year, this is the player’s problem, not the umps. The call was close but I think a good one and Torrealba was a bit too hot if you ask me. There’s no need to get that much up in anyone’s face to argue balls and strikes. Which you can’t do anyway.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)