Jun 17, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
For the first time since his 2008 trade, Manny Ramirez will visit Fenway Park tomorrow night. The Boston Globe asks this morning what kind of reception Hub fans will give the kid.
I’d like to think that Sox fans will take a reflective approach to it all, remember that if it wasn’t for Manny they wouldn’t have two World Series championships to celebrate and give him a nice respectful applause. That’s what Mooseinohio — a longtime reader and bigtime Sox fan — said he’d do if he were there:
Personally I would give him a nice golf clap out of respect for his time
in Boston and participate in a little mocking type
‘Manny…Manny’ the first time he makes an out or an error (just a
little bit of snarkiness to express frustration with his end of the bad
relationship with RSN).
Seems fair enough. But what with the PED suspension, the fact that he left in a cloud of controversy and all of that, you have to assume mostly boos, right?
Sox fans: would you boo Manny tomorrow not, and if so, why?
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 6
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 19
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 43
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 32
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 23
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)