Jun 17, 2010, 9:14 AM EST
For the first time since his 2008 trade, Manny Ramirez will visit Fenway Park tomorrow night. The Boston Globe asks this morning what kind of reception Hub fans will give the kid.
I’d like to think that Sox fans will take a reflective approach to it all, remember that if it wasn’t for Manny they wouldn’t have two World Series championships to celebrate and give him a nice respectful applause. That’s what Mooseinohio — a longtime reader and bigtime Sox fan — said he’d do if he were there:
Personally I would give him a nice golf clap out of respect for his time
in Boston and participate in a little mocking type
‘Manny…Manny’ the first time he makes an out or an error (just a
little bit of snarkiness to express frustration with his end of the bad
relationship with RSN).
Seems fair enough. But what with the PED suspension, the fact that he left in a cloud of controversy and all of that, you have to assume mostly boos, right?
Sox fans: would you boo Manny tomorrow not, and if so, why?
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 13
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 29
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (125)