Jun 17, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
For the first time since his 2008 trade, Manny Ramirez will visit Fenway Park tomorrow night. The Boston Globe asks this morning what kind of reception Hub fans will give the kid.
I’d like to think that Sox fans will take a reflective approach to it all, remember that if it wasn’t for Manny they wouldn’t have two World Series championships to celebrate and give him a nice respectful applause. That’s what Mooseinohio — a longtime reader and bigtime Sox fan — said he’d do if he were there:
Personally I would give him a nice golf clap out of respect for his time
in Boston and participate in a little mocking type
‘Manny…Manny’ the first time he makes an out or an error (just a
little bit of snarkiness to express frustration with his end of the bad
relationship with RSN).
Seems fair enough. But what with the PED suspension, the fact that he left in a cloud of controversy and all of that, you have to assume mostly boos, right?
Sox fans: would you boo Manny tomorrow not, and if so, why?
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (127)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)