Jun 17, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
For the first time since his 2008 trade, Manny Ramirez will visit Fenway Park tomorrow night. The Boston Globe asks this morning what kind of reception Hub fans will give the kid.
I’d like to think that Sox fans will take a reflective approach to it all, remember that if it wasn’t for Manny they wouldn’t have two World Series championships to celebrate and give him a nice respectful applause. That’s what Mooseinohio — a longtime reader and bigtime Sox fan — said he’d do if he were there:
Personally I would give him a nice golf clap out of respect for his time
in Boston and participate in a little mocking type
‘Manny…Manny’ the first time he makes an out or an error (just a
little bit of snarkiness to express frustration with his end of the bad
relationship with RSN).
Seems fair enough. But what with the PED suspension, the fact that he left in a cloud of controversy and all of that, you have to assume mostly boos, right?
Sox fans: would you boo Manny tomorrow not, and if so, why?
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)