Jun 17, 2010, 3:18 PM EST
Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun listened to an obviously frustrated Nick Markakis hold forth on the miserable season the Orioles are having at the plate.
Mostly it’s a matter of approach: “Sometimes, guys are going up there and it looks like they have no idea
what they’re doing . . . you need guys in there who have a plan,
who have a clue and who know how to execute that plan and get on base.”
And it’s not a coaching matter, Markakis says: “[Terry Crowley] has 110 percent nothing to do with the way we are going about our
business at the plate and on the field right now . . . If you go up there clueless, you’re going to come back [to the dugout]
clueless. It’s that simple.”
According to Zrebiec, Juan Samuel is in full agreement, so this isn’t a situation in which someone is lashing out. At least as far as management is concerned, Markakis is just telling it like it is.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 138
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23