Jun 18, 2010, 5:25 PM EST
Yesterday we had scouts and execs saying that Chase Utley is injured, and earlier today one of his own coaches said he had a knee injury. Chase Utley isn’t having any of that, though. Utley just told Todd Zolecki “In my opinion there’s no injury whatsoever.” So I guess that means that either Utley isn’t injured and Davey Lopes was misinformed or Utley is injured and he’s being a tough guy.
Of course, if he doesn’t start heating up at the plate it’s all rather academic, isn’t it?
- Roy Halladay is retiring 43
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 31
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 50
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)