Jun 18, 2010, 5:25 PM EDT
Yesterday we had scouts and execs saying that Chase Utley is injured, and earlier today one of his own coaches said he had a knee injury. Chase Utley isn’t having any of that, though. Utley just told Todd Zolecki “In my opinion there’s no injury whatsoever.” So I guess that means that either Utley isn’t injured and Davey Lopes was misinformed or Utley is injured and he’s being a tough guy.
Of course, if he doesn’t start heating up at the plate it’s all rather academic, isn’t it?
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 36
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 60
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 104
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 75
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)