Jun 18, 2010, 5:25 PM EDT
Yesterday we had scouts and execs saying that Chase Utley is injured, and earlier today one of his own coaches said he had a knee injury. Chase Utley isn’t having any of that, though. Utley just told Todd Zolecki “In my opinion there’s no injury whatsoever.” So I guess that means that either Utley isn’t injured and Davey Lopes was misinformed or Utley is injured and he’s being a tough guy.
Of course, if he doesn’t start heating up at the plate it’s all rather academic, isn’t it?
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11