Jun 18, 2010, 5:25 PM EST
Yesterday we had scouts and execs saying that Chase Utley is injured, and earlier today one of his own coaches said he had a knee injury. Chase Utley isn’t having any of that, though. Utley just told Todd Zolecki “In my opinion there’s no injury whatsoever.” So I guess that means that either Utley isn’t injured and Davey Lopes was misinformed or Utley is injured and he’s being a tough guy.
Of course, if he doesn’t start heating up at the plate it’s all rather academic, isn’t it?
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 14
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 28
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)