Jun 18, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
“I had told the second-base umpire, I let him know how I felt the
inning after I ran to my position. I just felt like there was no point
in arguing, because he’s already called me out. We had an early game, so
I know everybody’s trying to get out of here. We’ve got a storm coming
in, that’s what I heard.
“You can’t make that call right there. We were battling. Usually
pickoff plays like that, it has to be blatant–like I’m one thousand
This is why I could never do play-by-play or color work for ballgames. If I did, there is a 1000% chance that I would ascribe some percentage of outness to Denard Span every single time he didn’t reach base safely, most likely beating it to death as the season wore on.
And if I were one of his teammates, I would, without question, be at the mall this morning having “1000% out” t-shirts made for everyone in the clubhouse.
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 5
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 40
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 41
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 52
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)