Jun 18, 2010, 12:13 PM EDT
The Dbacks-Tigers series features something that is technically meaningless yet which I find interesting all the same: Dontrelle Willis will start against the Tigers — his former team — tonight. Edwin Jackson will start against the Tigers — his former team — tomorrow. Max Scherzer will start against the Diamondbacks — his former team — on Sunday.
What’s more, Jackson and Willis had a secretary named Scherzer and Scherzer had a secretary named Jackson-Willis! It’s true! She hyphenated her name when she got married as a favor to her father!
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 0
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 43
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)