Jun 18, 2010, 12:13 PM EST
The Dbacks-Tigers series features something that is technically meaningless yet which I find interesting all the same: Dontrelle Willis will start against the Tigers — his former team — tonight. Edwin Jackson will start against the Tigers — his former team — tomorrow. Max Scherzer will start against the Diamondbacks — his former team — on Sunday.
What’s more, Jackson and Willis had a secretary named Scherzer and Scherzer had a secretary named Jackson-Willis! It’s true! She hyphenated her name when she got married as a favor to her father!
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)