Jun 18, 2010, 12:13 PM EDT
The Dbacks-Tigers series features something that is technically meaningless yet which I find interesting all the same: Dontrelle Willis will start against the Tigers — his former team — tonight. Edwin Jackson will start against the Tigers — his former team — tomorrow. Max Scherzer will start against the Diamondbacks — his former team — on Sunday.
What’s more, Jackson and Willis had a secretary named Scherzer and Scherzer had a secretary named Jackson-Willis! It’s true! She hyphenated her name when she got married as a favor to her father!
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)