Jun 18, 2010, 12:13 PM EDT
The Dbacks-Tigers series features something that is technically meaningless yet which I find interesting all the same: Dontrelle Willis will start against the Tigers — his former team — tonight. Edwin Jackson will start against the Tigers — his former team — tomorrow. Max Scherzer will start against the Diamondbacks — his former team — on Sunday.
What’s more, Jackson and Willis had a secretary named Scherzer and Scherzer had a secretary named Jackson-Willis! It’s true! She hyphenated her name when she got married as a favor to her father!
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 2
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 38
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)