Jun 18, 2010, 12:13 PM EDT
The Dbacks-Tigers series features something that is technically meaningless yet which I find interesting all the same: Dontrelle Willis will start against the Tigers — his former team — tonight. Edwin Jackson will start against the Tigers — his former team — tomorrow. Max Scherzer will start against the Diamondbacks — his former team — on Sunday.
What’s more, Jackson and Willis had a secretary named Scherzer and Scherzer had a secretary named Jackson-Willis! It’s true! She hyphenated her name when she got married as a favor to her father!
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 46
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)