Jun 18, 2010, 9:24 PM EDT
Dodgers manager Joe Torre already took a little bit of the fun out of Manny Ramirez’s return to Boston by announcing on Thursday that he would be the designated hitter during the series. And after all the hype and anticipation, Ramirez received what could best be described as a mixed reaction from the Boston crowd before he flew out to lead off the top of the second inning.
Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe brings word that a Manny tribute video shown during the game received only “tepid applause” from the crowd. So much for nostalgia.
In truth, most of the buzz before the game transitioned to a report by Peter Abraham of the Boston
Globe that claimed that not only would Roger Clemens be attending Friday’s
would be sitting in the “Monster Seats.” It sounded like a silly rumor at first, but Clemens actually did it.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 10
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)