Jun 18, 2010, 9:24 PM EDT
Dodgers manager Joe Torre already took a little bit of the fun out of Manny Ramirez’s return to Boston by announcing on Thursday that he would be the designated hitter during the series. And after all the hype and anticipation, Ramirez received what could best be described as a mixed reaction from the Boston crowd before he flew out to lead off the top of the second inning.
Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe brings word that a Manny tribute video shown during the game received only “tepid applause” from the crowd. So much for nostalgia.
In truth, most of the buzz before the game transitioned to a report by Peter Abraham of the Boston
Globe that claimed that not only would Roger Clemens be attending Friday’s
would be sitting in the “Monster Seats.” It sounded like a silly rumor at first, but Clemens actually did it.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17