Jun 18, 2010, 4:27 PM EST
The Red Sox designated pitcher Boof Bonser for assignment. Shocker, there. Bonser has spent most of the season on the DL, and the two occasions he has pitched he has been shelled, allowing four runs in two innings.
Bonser was a failed starter who had some promise when he was moved to the pen in 2008, posting a 55/16 K/BB ratio in 52
innings. But he had rotator cuff surgery in February 2009, missed all of last season and hasn’t been able to figure it out since then. If his career ends today, he will still be only second on the all-time Boof Scale, behind Boof from Teen Wolf.
Wait, he could win 5 Cy Young awards and he’d still be behind Boof from Teen Wolf. She meant a lot to me back when I was 12.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (92)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)