Jun 18, 2010, 4:27 PM EDT
The Red Sox designated pitcher Boof Bonser for assignment. Shocker, there. Bonser has spent most of the season on the DL, and the two occasions he has pitched he has been shelled, allowing four runs in two innings.
Bonser was a failed starter who had some promise when he was moved to the pen in 2008, posting a 55/16 K/BB ratio in 52
innings. But he had rotator cuff surgery in February 2009, missed all of last season and hasn’t been able to figure it out since then. If his career ends today, he will still be only second on the all-time Boof Scale, behind Boof from Teen Wolf.
Wait, he could win 5 Cy Young awards and he’d still be behind Boof from Teen Wolf. She meant a lot to me back when I was 12.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 54
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)