Jun 18, 2010, 4:27 PM EDT
The Red Sox designated pitcher Boof Bonser for assignment. Shocker, there. Bonser has spent most of the season on the DL, and the two occasions he has pitched he has been shelled, allowing four runs in two innings.
Bonser was a failed starter who had some promise when he was moved to the pen in 2008, posting a 55/16 K/BB ratio in 52
innings. But he had rotator cuff surgery in February 2009, missed all of last season and hasn’t been able to figure it out since then. If his career ends today, he will still be only second on the all-time Boof Scale, behind Boof from Teen Wolf.
Wait, he could win 5 Cy Young awards and he’d still be behind Boof from Teen Wolf. She meant a lot to me back when I was 12.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 3
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 30
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)