Jun 18, 2010, 4:27 PM EDT
The Red Sox designated pitcher Boof Bonser for assignment. Shocker, there. Bonser has spent most of the season on the DL, and the two occasions he has pitched he has been shelled, allowing four runs in two innings.
Bonser was a failed starter who had some promise when he was moved to the pen in 2008, posting a 55/16 K/BB ratio in 52
innings. But he had rotator cuff surgery in February 2009, missed all of last season and hasn’t been able to figure it out since then. If his career ends today, he will still be only second on the all-time Boof Scale, behind Boof from Teen Wolf.
Wait, he could win 5 Cy Young awards and he’d still be behind Boof from Teen Wolf. She meant a lot to me back when I was 12.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 0
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)