Jun 18, 2010, 4:27 PM EST
The Red Sox designated pitcher Boof Bonser for assignment. Shocker, there. Bonser has spent most of the season on the DL, and the two occasions he has pitched he has been shelled, allowing four runs in two innings.
Bonser was a failed starter who had some promise when he was moved to the pen in 2008, posting a 55/16 K/BB ratio in 52
innings. But he had rotator cuff surgery in February 2009, missed all of last season and hasn’t been able to figure it out since then. If his career ends today, he will still be only second on the all-time Boof Scale, behind Boof from Teen Wolf.
Wait, he could win 5 Cy Young awards and he’d still be behind Boof from Teen Wolf. She meant a lot to me back when I was 12.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 70
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)