Jun 18, 2010, 11:29 AM EDT
Yesterday Buster Olney talked to some anonymous scouts who thought that Chase Utley was battling an injury of some kind. Seems they were right. Phillies’ first base coach Davey Lopes spoke with Baseball Prospectus today and reveals that Ultey is fighting through “a little bit of a knee injury.”
That explains his struggles way more than the notion that one of the best players in baseball suddenly forgot how to hit.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (154)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)