Jun 18, 2010, 11:29 AM EDT
Yesterday Buster Olney talked to some anonymous scouts who thought that Chase Utley was battling an injury of some kind. Seems they were right. Phillies’ first base coach Davey Lopes spoke with Baseball Prospectus today and reveals that Ultey is fighting through “a little bit of a knee injury.”
That explains his struggles way more than the notion that one of the best players in baseball suddenly forgot how to hit.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17