Jun 19, 2010, 12:05 PM EDT
Derek Jeter was scratched from Saturday’s interleague contest against the Mets due to a bruised right heel, according to Ben Shpigel of the New York Times.
Jeter suffered the injury while lunging for a base during Friday’s game, reports Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News. According to the team, Jeter is receiving treatment and is currently listed as day-to-day. Ramiro Pena will start in his place on Saturday while Kevin Russo plays third. That’s some potent left side of the infield.
Jeter was 1-for-5 last night, striking out with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth inning against Francisco Rodriguez. The soon-to-be 36-year-old is batting just .209 (14-for-67) this month.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 10
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 38
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires