Jun 19, 2010, 12:05 PM EST
Derek Jeter was scratched from Saturday’s interleague contest against the Mets due to a bruised right heel, according to Ben Shpigel of the New York Times.
Jeter suffered the injury while lunging for a base during Friday’s game, reports Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News. According to the team, Jeter is receiving treatment and is currently listed as day-to-day. Ramiro Pena will start in his place on Saturday while Kevin Russo plays third. That’s some potent left side of the infield.
Jeter was 1-for-5 last night, striking out with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth inning against Francisco Rodriguez. The soon-to-be 36-year-old is batting just .209 (14-for-67) this month.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)