Jun 19, 2010, 12:05 PM EST
Derek Jeter was scratched from Saturday’s interleague contest against the Mets due to a bruised right heel, according to Ben Shpigel of the New York Times.
Jeter suffered the injury while lunging for a base during Friday’s game, reports Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News. According to the team, Jeter is receiving treatment and is currently listed as day-to-day. Ramiro Pena will start in his place on Saturday while Kevin Russo plays third. That’s some potent left side of the infield.
Jeter was 1-for-5 last night, striking out with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth inning against Francisco Rodriguez. The soon-to-be 36-year-old is batting just .209 (14-for-67) this month.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)