Jun 19, 2010, 5:32 PM EDT
Daisuke Matsuzaka has been cleared to return from the disabled list after pitching in a simulated game at Fenway Park on Saturday afternoon, according to Mike Petraglia of WEEI.com.
“We wanted to wait for Daisuke to throw and get looked at after he was done,” Francona said. “Dice threw 49 pitches and felt really good, checked out fine afterwards. He’ll pitch Thursday in Colorado.”
Matsuzaka landed on the disabled list after being scratched from last Saturday’s game due to a right forearm strain.
The 29-year-old right-hander is 5-2 with a 4.59 ERA and 1.31 WHIP over eight starts this season.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 20
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 107
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (108)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)