Jun 19, 2010, 5:32 PM EDT
Daisuke Matsuzaka has been cleared to return from the disabled list after pitching in a simulated game at Fenway Park on Saturday afternoon, according to Mike Petraglia of WEEI.com.
“We wanted to wait for Daisuke to throw and get looked at after he was done,” Francona said. “Dice threw 49 pitches and felt really good, checked out fine afterwards. He’ll pitch Thursday in Colorado.”
Matsuzaka landed on the disabled list after being scratched from last Saturday’s game due to a right forearm strain.
The 29-year-old right-hander is 5-2 with a 4.59 ERA and 1.31 WHIP over eight starts this season.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)