Jun 19, 2010, 5:32 PM EDT
Daisuke Matsuzaka has been cleared to return from the disabled list after pitching in a simulated game at Fenway Park on Saturday afternoon, according to Mike Petraglia of WEEI.com.
“We wanted to wait for Daisuke to throw and get looked at after he was done,” Francona said. “Dice threw 49 pitches and felt really good, checked out fine afterwards. He’ll pitch Thursday in Colorado.”
Matsuzaka landed on the disabled list after being scratched from last Saturday’s game due to a right forearm strain.
The 29-year-old right-hander is 5-2 with a 4.59 ERA and 1.31 WHIP over eight starts this season.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)