Jun 19, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
Jimmy Rollins was 1-for-3 with two runs scored while playing all nine innings in a minor league rehab game with Class A Clearwater on Friday night.
Phillies assistant general manager Scott Proefrock told Zach Schonbrun of MLB.com that Rollins will play nine innings again on Saturday before being re-evaluated.
“Everything went well last night, and depending on how things go
tonight, he’ll be evaluated,” Proefrock said. “We’ll see where we go
from there. We’re optimistic he will be available for us sometime next
The Phillies have a scheduled off-day on Monday, but begin a three-game series with the Indians on Tuesday.
Rollins has been sidelined since re-injuring his right calf on May 21. He has been limited to just 12 of the team’s 66 games this season.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 37
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 85
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)