Jun 19, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
Jimmy Rollins was 1-for-3 with two runs scored while playing all nine innings in a minor league rehab game with Class A Clearwater on Friday night.
Phillies assistant general manager Scott Proefrock told Zach Schonbrun of MLB.com that Rollins will play nine innings again on Saturday before being re-evaluated.
“Everything went well last night, and depending on how things go
tonight, he’ll be evaluated,” Proefrock said. “We’ll see where we go
from there. We’re optimistic he will be available for us sometime next
The Phillies have a scheduled off-day on Monday, but begin a three-game series with the Indians on Tuesday.
Rollins has been sidelined since re-injuring his right calf on May 21. He has been limited to just 12 of the team’s 66 games this season.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 46
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 25
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)