Jun 19, 2010, 7:15 PM EST
Jimmy Rollins was 1-for-3 with two runs scored while playing all nine innings in a minor league rehab game with Class A Clearwater on Friday night.
Phillies assistant general manager Scott Proefrock told Zach Schonbrun of MLB.com that Rollins will play nine innings again on Saturday before being re-evaluated.
“Everything went well last night, and depending on how things go
tonight, he’ll be evaluated,” Proefrock said. “We’ll see where we go
from there. We’re optimistic he will be available for us sometime next
The Phillies have a scheduled off-day on Monday, but begin a three-game series with the Indians on Tuesday.
Rollins has been sidelined since re-injuring his right calf on May 21. He has been limited to just 12 of the team’s 66 games this season.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)