Jun 19, 2010, 7:15 PM EST
Jimmy Rollins was 1-for-3 with two runs scored while playing all nine innings in a minor league rehab game with Class A Clearwater on Friday night.
Phillies assistant general manager Scott Proefrock told Zach Schonbrun of MLB.com that Rollins will play nine innings again on Saturday before being re-evaluated.
“Everything went well last night, and depending on how things go
tonight, he’ll be evaluated,” Proefrock said. “We’ll see where we go
from there. We’re optimistic he will be available for us sometime next
The Phillies have a scheduled off-day on Monday, but begin a three-game series with the Indians on Tuesday.
Rollins has been sidelined since re-injuring his right calf on May 21. He has been limited to just 12 of the team’s 66 games this season.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 25
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)