Jun 19, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
Jimmy Rollins was 1-for-3 with two runs scored while playing all nine innings in a minor league rehab game with Class A Clearwater on Friday night.
Phillies assistant general manager Scott Proefrock told Zach Schonbrun of MLB.com that Rollins will play nine innings again on Saturday before being re-evaluated.
“Everything went well last night, and depending on how things go
tonight, he’ll be evaluated,” Proefrock said. “We’ll see where we go
from there. We’re optimistic he will be available for us sometime next
The Phillies have a scheduled off-day on Monday, but begin a three-game series with the Indians on Tuesday.
Rollins has been sidelined since re-injuring his right calf on May 21. He has been limited to just 12 of the team’s 66 games this season.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 0
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)