Jun 20, 2010, 11:35 AM EDT
MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro just got word that shortstop Hanley Ramirez will not be in the Marlins’ lineup Sunday.
It should come as no surprise. The Feesh are finishing up a series with the Rays at Sun Life Stadium — a National League park — and don’t have the option of sticking Ramirez at DH. Brian Barden will play shortstop against Tampa Bay left-hander David Price.
Ramirez was pulled in the ninth inning Saturday after complaining of tightness in his right hamstring. The injury is not considered serious and he should be ready to return when the Marlins open a three-game interleague series in Baltimore on Tuesday.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)