Jun 20, 2010, 11:35 AM EDT
MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro just got word that shortstop Hanley Ramirez will not be in the Marlins’ lineup Sunday.
It should come as no surprise. The Feesh are finishing up a series with the Rays at Sun Life Stadium — a National League park — and don’t have the option of sticking Ramirez at DH. Brian Barden will play shortstop against Tampa Bay left-hander David Price.
Ramirez was pulled in the ninth inning Saturday after complaining of tightness in his right hamstring. The injury is not considered serious and he should be ready to return when the Marlins open a three-game interleague series in Baltimore on Tuesday.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 32
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 123
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)