Jun 20, 2010, 11:35 AM EDT
MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro just got word that shortstop Hanley Ramirez will not be in the Marlins’ lineup Sunday.
It should come as no surprise. The Feesh are finishing up a series with the Rays at Sun Life Stadium — a National League park — and don’t have the option of sticking Ramirez at DH. Brian Barden will play shortstop against Tampa Bay left-hander David Price.
Ramirez was pulled in the ninth inning Saturday after complaining of tightness in his right hamstring. The injury is not considered serious and he should be ready to return when the Marlins open a three-game interleague series in Baltimore on Tuesday.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)