Jun 20, 2010, 11:35 AM EDT
MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro just got word that shortstop Hanley Ramirez will not be in the Marlins’ lineup Sunday.
It should come as no surprise. The Feesh are finishing up a series with the Rays at Sun Life Stadium — a National League park — and don’t have the option of sticking Ramirez at DH. Brian Barden will play shortstop against Tampa Bay left-hander David Price.
Ramirez was pulled in the ninth inning Saturday after complaining of tightness in his right hamstring. The injury is not considered serious and he should be ready to return when the Marlins open a three-game interleague series in Baltimore on Tuesday.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 42
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)