Jun 20, 2010, 11:35 AM EDT
MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro just got word that shortstop Hanley Ramirez will not be in the Marlins’ lineup Sunday.
It should come as no surprise. The Feesh are finishing up a series with the Rays at Sun Life Stadium — a National League park — and don’t have the option of sticking Ramirez at DH. Brian Barden will play shortstop against Tampa Bay left-hander David Price.
Ramirez was pulled in the ninth inning Saturday after complaining of tightness in his right hamstring. The injury is not considered serious and he should be ready to return when the Marlins open a three-game interleague series in Baltimore on Tuesday.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 16
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 32
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)