Jun 20, 2010, 8:54 AM EST
As MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro reports, Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez was lifted from Saturday’s game against the Rays with tightness in his right hamstring and is “50-50″ to play on Sunday.
Brian Barden replaced him in the ninth inning and failed to register a hit in a game that carried into the 11th inning and saw the Rays escape with a wild 9-8 victory. Hanley was 2-for-4 with a home run, three RBI and two runs scored before departing. He will be a game-time decision Sunday after the Marlins’ medical staff runs some tests.
“He iced it down,” manager Fredi Gonzalez said in his post-game presser. “We’ll re-evaluate it
tomorrow. If I had to give you a percentage, it’s 50-50 that he will
Ramirez has batted .286 with a .370 on-base percentage, .492 slugging percentage, 11 home runs and 40 RBI in 252 at-bats this season. He has also swiped 12 bases.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)