Jun 20, 2010, 9:55 PM EDT
J.D. Drew is aiming to return to Boston’s lineup on Tuesday after an MRI on his strained hamstring came back negative.
“From talking to the trainers, it’s actually pretty good,” manager Terry Francona told the Boston Globe. “I hope Tuesday’s realistic. If it’s not, we won’t do it. But I think it’s probably realistic to think that it might work that he’d be able to play. The good news is I don’t think anybody remotely thinks it’s a DL.”
With Drew absent, the Red Sox have used Bill Hall and Darnell McDonald in right field the last two days.
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PFT: Chad Johnson arrested for probation violation