Jun 20, 2010, 9:55 PM EST
J.D. Drew is aiming to return to Boston’s lineup on Tuesday after an MRI on his strained hamstring came back negative.
“From talking to the trainers, it’s actually pretty good,” manager Terry Francona told the Boston Globe. “I hope Tuesday’s realistic. If it’s not, we won’t do it. But I think it’s probably realistic to think that it might work that he’d be able to play. The good news is I don’t think anybody remotely thinks it’s a DL.”
With Drew absent, the Red Sox have used Bill Hall and Darnell McDonald in right field the last two days.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)