Jun 20, 2010, 9:55 PM EST
J.D. Drew is aiming to return to Boston’s lineup on Tuesday after an MRI on his strained hamstring came back negative.
“From talking to the trainers, it’s actually pretty good,” manager Terry Francona told the Boston Globe. “I hope Tuesday’s realistic. If it’s not, we won’t do it. But I think it’s probably realistic to think that it might work that he’d be able to play. The good news is I don’t think anybody remotely thinks it’s a DL.”
With Drew absent, the Red Sox have used Bill Hall and Darnell McDonald in right field the last two days.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (152)
- My imaginary Hall of Fame ballot (89)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (82)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)