Jun 20, 2010, 9:55 PM EST
J.D. Drew is aiming to return to Boston’s lineup on Tuesday after an MRI on his strained hamstring came back negative.
“From talking to the trainers, it’s actually pretty good,” manager Terry Francona told the Boston Globe. “I hope Tuesday’s realistic. If it’s not, we won’t do it. But I think it’s probably realistic to think that it might work that he’d be able to play. The good news is I don’t think anybody remotely thinks it’s a DL.”
With Drew absent, the Red Sox have used Bill Hall and Darnell McDonald in right field the last two days.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 27
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40