Jun 20, 2010, 5:41 PM EDT
Here we go again.
Lady Gaga, who infiltrated Citi Field last week to watch the Padres take on the Mets and give a few inappropriate gestures to the crowd, was back in New York this weekend to terrorize yet another perfectly innocent baseball stadium.
Gaga watched the first of a three-game interleague series between the Mets and Yankees at Yankee Stadium on Friday night and traveled down to the home clubhouse afterward to visit with the boys in pinstripes, including third baseman Alex Rodriguez and second baseman Robinson Cano.
The Yanks lost the game, though, and Gaga was wearing a skimpy, lingerie-like outfit with her bra showing through a half-unbuttoned Yankees uniform. Oh, and she allegedly drank whiskey and groped herself while making the rounds in the locker room. How risque.
Gaga is almost certainly eating up the publicity and probably doesn’t care that she has been banned permanently from the Yankees’ clubhouse by Hal Steinbrenner. But for the sake of baseball fans around the globe, please, you no-talent Madonna wannabe, leave our lovely game out of your ongoing attention-seeking tour.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)