Jun 20, 2010, 5:41 PM EST
Here we go again.
Lady Gaga, who infiltrated Citi Field last week to watch the Padres take on the Mets and give a few inappropriate gestures to the crowd, was back in New York this weekend to terrorize yet another perfectly innocent baseball stadium.
Gaga watched the first of a three-game interleague series between the Mets and Yankees at Yankee Stadium on Friday night and traveled down to the home clubhouse afterward to visit with the boys in pinstripes, including third baseman Alex Rodriguez and second baseman Robinson Cano.
The Yanks lost the game, though, and Gaga was wearing a skimpy, lingerie-like outfit with her bra showing through a half-unbuttoned Yankees uniform. Oh, and she allegedly drank whiskey and groped herself while making the rounds in the locker room. How risque.
Gaga is almost certainly eating up the publicity and probably doesn’t care that she has been banned permanently from the Yankees’ clubhouse by Hal Steinbrenner. But for the sake of baseball fans around the globe, please, you no-talent Madonna wannabe, leave our lovely game out of your ongoing attention-seeking tour.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)